Thread: Oil Change

+1

Oil Change

Just got off the phone with the dealer about my 50 hr service. I asked how much it will cost he says 250 to 300? I say no way not much is done at 50 hrs and manual does not call for an oil change. He said I would change it at every service. I told him its calls for one at 100 hrs and I think we should go by the manual?So my question is should I? It was changed at 10hr.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin13x View Post
    Just got off the phone with the dealer about my 50 hr service. I asked how much it will cost he says 250 to 300? I say no way not much is done at 50 hrs and manual does not call for an oil change. He said I would change it at every service. I told him its calls for one at 100 hrs and I think we should go by the manual?So my question is should I? It was changed at 10hr.
    I'm assuming your on a 2010-2012 4 stroke... First, I'd say your good up to 100 hours (adding a little oil as needed) or change it at the end of the riding season - November thru February..? Second, buy the equipment: http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=864 and the "annual" maintenance kit: http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1079 and you'll be "making money" on your first oil change. BTW, if you're supercharged, you may want to consider the rebuild every 100 hrs. Good luck and have a great riding season.

+1
    How long has it been since you had the 10 hour service?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyStang View Post
    How long has it been since you had the 10 hour service?
    March 1st I brought it in with about 14 hours on it..Called dealer and said I am going to hit the 10 mark this weekend is it ok if I go over. He said no problem just continue riding it like its still break in period. I have the 2011 gti se.. Right now I got 52 hrs on it and will be bringing it in tomorrow.

I'm far from an expert but, it sound to me like the dealer is trying to pad his service income. Why go beyond the manufacturers suggestions unless you are really anal about taking care of your stuff (which is okay)? But BRP isn't going to award any bonus points if you require warranty work just because you changed the oil more often.

+1
    your fine, keep riding it. you've put on some hours since march lol, I wish I could ride that much. 100 hrs will be fine on that ski for an oil change, sounds like you will hit that this year.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jhill19 View Post
    your fine, keep riding it. you've put on some hours since march lol, I wish I could ride that much. 100 hrs will be fine on that ski for an oil change, sounds like you will hit that this year.
    I feel like some sort of an addict lol.. I just love riding it's so much fun! I go fishing off of it also and the best thing is if nothings biting I will just go race around

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin13x View Post
    I feel like some sort of an addict lol.. I just love riding it's so much fun! I go fishing off of it also and the best thing is if nothings biting I will just go race around
    What, fishing off your ski? That's nuts... http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=213 jk LOL.

Thread Information