RXP-X 260 for short riders

My first post here on GreenHulk, been a lurker for a while but never got around to post.

Took delivery of my 2012 RXP-X two weeks ago and has put 4 hr on it, despite snow and cold weather. But I have a problem with the ergolock, I'm a little bit to short. I'm 5'5 (or 170 cm) and I feel that I really cant lock on properly. Anyone else have the same problem?

I was thinking of removing the angled footwells and putting some kind of distance there to get them higher, any ideas?

+1
    what about using some of the same type of soft foam we use along the footwells to hold our feet in the tray, maybe you could use a less thick piece and glue it down where your feet go, here is a picture of it along the footwells on my 785 pro
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new polaris 009.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	269652  

+1
    You don't have to use the special angle foot-well to use the ergolock properly, as long you can touch down and lock your knee, it will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Olomana View Post
    You don't have to use the special angle foot-well to use the ergolock properly, as long you can touch down and lock your knee, it will do the same.
    I know I don't but it feels like I don't get enough power in my lover body. Think it would be better if I could use my feet to hold on better in the corners.

I was thinking that removing the foot pads and putting washers or something under them to raise them higher.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    I know I don't but it feels like I don't get enough power in my lover body. Think it would be better if I could use my feet to hold on better in the corners.

I was thinking that removing the foot pads and putting washers or something under them to raise them higher.
    Just keep riding it, you will find your mark. I used to always tried to use the angle foot-well, but know I can lock myself with or without it...
    To me it is more an "extra" for the ergolock and not all rider put their feets at the same spot.

I'm 1m76 by the way and do think the angle foot well is to far.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? RXPX's Avatar
    I have to disagree with this. The knees are good on their own but 50% of the lock comes from having your feet in the angled foot wells.

Using knees alone seems to come loose pretty quick in bumpy conditions or when you do alot of turns one after the other.

I would experiment a bit before you go changing anything. Try to find a position that works well, 5'5 isn't that short that you shouldn't be able to reach the foot wells. If all else fails add rubber

+1
    I think I didn't explain myself correctly...
    When I say you don't have have to use the angle footwell, I lock the feet on against the hull.
    But not especially were the special grip BRP made, I like to put my feet a bit higher.

Also the OP... you have to lean a bit on the inside when you corner, just like riding a sportbike.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? RXPX's Avatar
    I think I didn't explain myself correctly...
    When I say you don't have have to use the angle footwell, I lock the feet on against the hull.
    But not especially were the special grip BRP made, I like to put my feet a bit higher.

Also the OP... you have to lean a bit on the inside when you corner, just like riding a sportbike.
    Yeah +1, Lean inside and push down hard on your outside foot to stick to the seat.

Thread Information