Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pump housing mod!!

Does anyone know the gains from polishing the vanes on the pump housing. I am having to have my impeller reworked due to some rock damage and I would like to know if it would be worth it to polish the inside of the cast aluminum pump housing vanes.

+1
    None,Zero,Ziltch.....Many have done this and they all have came up with the same results.....zero gains...

I was thinking of doing this mod also. I figure, if people like to shape their intake grates for minimal (yet free) gains, then why wouldnt the same type of work performed on the pump yield any gains?

EDIT: I wonder if, in reality, it's not just opinion-based (as with air intake velocity horns)

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    I was thinking of doing this mod also. I figure, if people like to shape their intake grates for minimal (yet free) gains, then why wouldnt the same type of work performed on the pump yield any gains?
    There's a big difference in what goes on in front of the prop.... vs behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    There's a big difference in that goes on in front of the prop.... vs behind it.

I've definitely considered that also....thinking I'd waste my time polishing it or paying $150 to have it done....But other days I think how inside an engine, you have air coming in and air going out, and how it's equally as important to increase the velocity of the air going out as much as it is for the air coming in.

I've been on the fence with this one for quite a while, haha.....but yea, I wouldnt expect to feel this mod all by itself. It just make me think how it probably wont slow you down either

+1
    Lots of work for nothing.

Party poopers! lol

+1
    I've definitely considered that also....thinking I'd waste my time polishing it or paying $150 to have it done....But other days I think how inside an engine, you have air coming in and air going out, and how it's equally as important to increase the velocity of the air going out as much as it is for the air coming in.

I've been on the fence with this one for quite a while, haha.....but yea, I wouldnt expect to feel this mod all by itself. It just make me think how it probably wont slow you down either
    Just like your thought on the bleed mod. Lol I remember reading that thread a few days ago

+1
    Party poopers! lol

Nope,no party poopers here,just the facts....BUT i tell ya what,when you get your pump done,whether you do it yourself or have somebody do please post the results for all of us to see....lol

hahaha....I would.

Hell, I posted blow by blow of my results with only the $30 speedfreeks nose cone It may be small, but people wanna know, haha

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information