First oil change

ok so its time to change the oil in my 300x and i have a couple questions
    1) Do i also need to change the supercharger oil? or does the engine oil feed that?
    2) what kind of oil do i get? does it have to be kawasaki brand oil or can it be some sort of other brand...if so what weight?
    3) do i need to change the filter also?

Banned User
    +1
    How many hours on your ski ?
    No sc oil never has to be changed its self supported
    First oil change good to change filter as well
    You can use any oil that meets the specs found in your Manual will also give you the proper w to run for where u ride. Most run 10/40

+1
    i have to ask but where do guys like you buy these skis from? not trying to be smart but i cant understand some of the questions that get asked here!! either buyers purchase blind and ask no questions at purchase time, or dealers dont do handovers explaining the inside and outs of looking after your ski!! the obvious one is purchases fail to read there owners manuals of which is pretty clear what needs to be done.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    i have to ask but where do guys like you buy these skis from? not trying to be smart but i cant understand some of the questions that get asked here!! either buyers purchase blind and ask no questions at purchase time, or dealers dont do handovers explaining the inside and outs of looking after your ski!! the obvious one is purchases fail to read there owners manuals of which is pretty clear what needs to be done.
    Most dealers don't care to explain anything Corey because most sellers don't know jack about what there selling.

+1
    amazing tommy but surely the purchaser would ask questions or are they just as ignorant? amazing in these current times.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    amazing tommy but surely the purchaser would ask questions or are they just as ignorant? amazing in these current times.
    Ignorant might be a little harsh lol. But in short yes. I think most purchase skis thinking they are toys. I think very few even consider msintence etc I have to admit when I bought my 250 I knew nothing about the ski just wanted the one with the most hp. I was not concerned with how to take care of it. Maybe because I grew up on skis. But I just think for most it's not even a thought.

+1
    You can use any oil that meets the spec for Kawasaki. Here is an option for you from AMSOIL Synthetic 10w-40.. https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/wcf.aspx?zo=367509

Yes change the filter also. If you you have room I would spend the couple of dollars and put on a http://www.shopfiltermag.com it will catch the metal particles. Problem with all of these watercraft engines is there is no drain plug to get all of the oil out and to clean off a magnet.

+1
    Last place I'd look for advice would be the dealer.....

Thread Information