Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    skigolfnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    League City TX
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    33

    Tripple carb syncing

    I saw a post from XLINT89 about carb syncing
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ight=carb+sync
    My 785 carbs are out of sync, I hold it wide open and the other 2 carbs are 1/8" off from the stop,
    from the past post it looks like this can be done on the ski correct?
    I put the stock prop/impeller on Sunday and only got 7500-7600 rpm and 55 on the gps,
    I was going to sync my carbs next, it just seems like there is not enough fuel to the engine?
    I had rebuilt the carbs a while back and I just keep thinking I might have missed something,
    I am going to turn all the jets closed and turn the low out 1/4 turn and go from there, I should be getting more speed and rpms,
    the nose is a little down with the drop nozzle and the trim tabs but I don't think it is affecting the top performance that much,

    any ideas?


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homer Glen Il.
    Posts
    8,704
    +1
    109
    the nose being down will not lower your rpm's with a good running motor you need to get the carbs in sync first

  3. #3
    When I synch. my carbs. I put a rubberband around the throttle to put enough tension on the throttle to open the butterflies slightly. Then I use a drill bit to set the openings of the throttle plates equally. By doing it this way you will have the slack out of the linkages and shafts just like when you are running it. Remove rubberband before starting.

  4. #4
    skigolfnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    League City TX
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    33
    thanks, I can see down the throttle bodies and when the pto carb is pulled all the way to the stop the other 2 are in a different position,

  5. #5
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by laskt View Post
    When I synch. my carbs. I put a rubberband around the throttle to put enough tension on the throttle to open the butterflies slightly. Then I use a drill bit to set the openings of the throttle plates equally. By doing it this way you will have the slack out of the linkages and shafts just like when you are running it. Remove rubberband before starting.
    I just use the throttle adjustment screw to hold them open.

    Take extra care to not drop something down the engine if you do this on the motor.

  6. #6
    Derwood98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lakeville, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    627
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    I just use the throttle adjustment screw to hold them open.

    Take extra care to not drop something down the engine if you do this on the motor.
    Personally, I did mine off the ski so that I could visually see them and know they were perfect before putting them back on. Doesn't take much time to pull the carbs off IMHO.

  7. #7
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Derwood98 View Post
    Personally, I did mine off the ski so that I could visually see them and know they were perfect before putting them back on. Doesn't take much time to pull the carbs off IMHO.
    I agree 100%. Was just warning him if he did try while on the boat to take care to not drop something down there, or else he WILL be taking them off for sure!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. polaris carb sync 1995 sl750
    By Kaleb SL750 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-13-2013, 09:37 PM
  2. FS 780 tripple carbs
    By nick34 in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 07:38 PM
  3. FS 44mm novi tripple carb rack
    By chopper901 in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-16-2009, 07:07 PM
  4. more carb sync help PLEASE!
    By xltsp8 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 09:30 PM
  5. f.s. polaris sl slt 750 tripple carbs complete
    By nick34 in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 07:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •