+1

Carbon Fiber GPR parts

Hey Everyone,

I've been making cf parts for my gpr. I knew nothing about mould making and cf 2 months ago. I try to experiment and learn all I can with every mistake... Anyways, I have a few parts that arn't soo messed up to throw away

this is a solid carbon fiber visor, hybrid 1st layer yellow/black vinyl ester resin, it's a little bit over 1 lb
    not polished or trimmed. The problem was a few dry spots in the front where it didnt infuse all the way. I sanded through the back added resin and pieces of cf to fill it in. Problem is I sanded some of the yellow off that 1st layer (opps) other then that, It's still a pretty nice visor.

put down a deposit, and I'll finish it the rest of the way, $200 comes with new hardware

I have a solid carbon fiber with a foam core visor on this page: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=171678&page=4
    It was one of the first I made, wet lay up then vacuum bagged. A few bubbles towards the back, I pictured them as best I can. $180

I also have a few glove box lids with defects I'll picture and get up later tonight.

Thanks!

+1
    theyre obo

Do you have any of the glove box lids for sale? Do they come ready to install?

2000 1200 gpr 2001 800 bb gpr ddg101's Avatar
    pm sent

Any day on the H2o is a good day!! TexGpr's Avatar
    Have you tried to make the side panels ? I keep breaking the little tabs in the front in heavy surf.

+1
    i'm working on the side panels, it will be a while before theyre perfect. I have a feeling theyre gonna look amazing!!

as for glove box lids, i have several but i have two pictured..

notice i circled where for some reason the twill reflects differently, I have no idea how this happened..
    Also not pictured on one of the sides, there are bubbles. other than that it's pretty nice $80 it's drop in ready minus the plastic latch mechanism

near perfect, except i circled where there's micro bubbles underneath the gelcoat, almost looks foggy (maybe i'm too picky)
    same $80 (it'll be drop in ready minus the plastic latch mechanism) I don't know if there's defects on the sides of this one

Why so much for a glove box lid, you have no idea how much work it is. It's a little more work to make a lid than it is to make a visor.

I'll add more parts once I take pictures of them.
    O the yellow visor has been trimmed, sanded, waiting to gel coat the underside then final polish..

So by drop in ready you mean it has the glued on aluminum part pictured in your other thread right? My buddy lost my lid the other day - so Ill have to pick up the clip and then also the little mounting hinges. PM me about the aluminum mounting area and your Paypal account.

Thread Information