Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

95 xp pump and nozzle

Can anyone give me some idea on what changing the pump and nozzle on my 95 xp might do for the preformance? I also need to find out what size nozzle this model comes with stock. And what else I might need to do in this area to squeeze a bit more speed out of it? The short time I had to play with it end of last season I was getting a consistant 53 mph out of it on the GPS. I wouldn't mind seeing 55 or a bit better with minor mods that won't really effect the reliability. The riding I do is flat water with at most a 6 inch chop and an occasional boat wake.
    Thanks Karl

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Karl, Sorry, I'm a 96 and later dude. If I were you I'd get what I could for your 95 and get a 96. Then we can make you go 67...he he!

+1
    all depends, is it the 720 motor or the 800? If its the 720 motor, better off doing like RQ says.
    SHOOTER

Well folks thanks for the replies. I have the 717 motor which I'm sure is the same as the 720 you refered to. As far as trading up to a 96 that's not really an option. SWMBO (the wife) has told me no more toys till I get the house remodel finished. Ahhhh well such is life. Since I have 3 skis now, the 95 of course, an 02 rx with the motor in several boxes and a 97 yamaha GP760 I guess I can see her point. I'll play with the toys I have and look to the future. Or get her so involved in these things it'll be her idea to do more with them. Hmmmmmmm now that may be an idea.
    Karl

+1
    I am not sure about the 720 motor, krunchov would be the one to talk to. He's done a few things with them.
    SHOOTER

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    The best bang for the buck is a Factory Pipe and rejet, keeping everything else stock. Should give you 3 mph and the only thing you have to be cautious of is not ever letting it run lean (out of gas). The FP setup for 720s are very fuel sensitive.

ok so I guess minor twicking won;t do anything for me. Hmmmmmm I guess I'll leave it alone and just have fun with it till someone comes along with something faster on the creek. Closest thing right around here right now is a tigershark daytona and it has an engine with a bad piston. No worries there I don't think.
    Needless to say around these parts there aren't alot of PWC.
    Karl

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    what about a new head?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhardt View Post
    an 02 rx with the motor in several boxes Karl
    thats what I would be putting together !

Well Superduty I was seriously considering a stage 1 kit from PPG. I guess I'm cheap though cause I can't bring myself to pay that extra 20 cent a gallon for 93 octane gas. Plus with 3 skis I would have to either put hitest in all 3 or have cans for the 93 oct and cans for 89 oct gas for the other 2. When all 3 skis are in the water a hard day of riding comes out to be over a hundred gallons of fuel. But it's definately something I have and am still considering.

RX951 I found a shop to do that machineing and measuring and such friday. I'm putting the rx on the single trailer today and taking it to them on monday or tuesday and let them do what needs to be done to it.

Thanks to you both for the suggestions and good ideas, Karl.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information