+1

Best dealer in S. Fla to get my 2012 FX HO Cruiser

Hi everyone, Im new to the site. Ive been lurking for the past few weeks here. Ive been doing research on what ski to get. Ive made up my mind that it will bee a Yami fx ho cruiser.The reason for my thread is that ive been searching for any recent threads of people buying new ski and discussing the fees, charges and out the door prices. I have yet to find any 2012 threads.

I would like to know more from the ones here with recent experience in buying a ski what was your OTD price, What dealer did you deal with, what were their fees, positive or negative experience. The ideal responders would be people with the most similar situation as me.

My situation would be south florida buyer, buying a 2012 fx cruiser, i will be getting an extended warranty to cover the 5 years, and ill be buying a used trailer seperately. Either way i still want to hear everyones opinion that can help out.

Ive never owned a ski or bought a new one so i dont know what things i can fight the dealer to take off or lower.

Thanks is advance

+1
    Since you already know what you want, you are at a great advantage over the average shopper.
    Here's what you do. Just get on PWC trader online and find three or four dealers across the state who have the model and the color you want, then call them and have them fax you their best deal including the 5 year warranty, all fees and taxes included. Do everything over the phone. Don't even walk into their store until you have the deal in writing. At that point you can pick the best price and remove all the emotional stuff out of the way.

Send them a $500 deposit (refundable) that way they know you're serious; and set up an appointment to test ride your ski; tell them you won't buy it until you test ride it. Make sure you bring the quote they faxed you and your trailer. If they refuse to let you test ride the ski, go somewhere else. If they try to add ANY extra costs above what you have on the fax, tell them remove it or you will walk out. If you like the sea trial then shake their hand and close the deal. Keep in mind, if you can be happy with a left over model with zero hours sitting on the lot (2009-2011) you will save thousands over a current unit. I have bought six 4 strokes like this. Either way, the same procedure applies.

+1
    yo yamma thanks for the advice.

To your experience how much can i expect to pay on average out the door for a ski with an msrp of 13k with the 5 year warranty but with my own trailer? Im guessing somewhere in the mid 14k with all the crap they add and how much can i bargain to lower. I dont want to steal the ski from the dealer i just want to get a fair deal.

+1
    Nice slowstang you got em covered! Rivas not on there, they usually like to deal or match.

Thread Information