Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sea Doo rejected my warranty claim!! Please help.

I'll start at the beginning. I purchased my 2011 sea doo rxt as brand new with 5 year extended warranty last July. I put 17 hours on it and winterized it in late September due to the warm fall we had. I figured i'll winterize it my self, and take it into sea doo during spring for the 15 hour service. Thats exactly what i did 3 weeks ago. Dealer serviced my ski and it was ready to ride. This past Saturday was the first time I had a chance to take it out since I brought them home from service. I launched the ski off the trailer, started it, it ran for no more than 1 min and shut off. I tried to start it 3-5 times, it wouldn't start. Then it slowly started to take on water. 2 min later it was completely underwater. I pulled it back onto the trailer, my first thought was plugs right away. however both the plugs were in (not my first time riding). I called the dealer cursing and flipping sh** right away. He told me to bring it in. So I did, and left it there. He calls me earlier today, told me the engine was hydro locked. But they got all the water out. flushed it with multiple oil changes and fogged it. He said he got the engine running and figured out the problem. He said there was a crack in the exhaust box. since the ski is still under the 1year AND the extended warranty, he filed a claim with sea doo. They however emailed him back saying its rejected stating that the crack occurred due to water being in the box during winter. Is there anything I can do to appeal that? We didn't have a cold winter, and I winterized the watercraft my self following the manual. I feel like this should be defiantly covered by sea doo. Is there anything I can do? should I take it to a different dealer? ANY help or insight is GREATLY appreciated!!

+1
    Call brp yourself

I did. I talked to a tech, they noted my serial number saying they rejected the claim due to the box cracking during winter and that its not a manufacture defect. I tried arguing with the tech and he told me he is not the one that approves or denies claims. He told me only the dealer is allowed to talk to those people. They will not speak to customers. The dealer isnt being helpful at all. He indirectly told me he doesn't care if he gets paid from sea doo or me. He'll be making his money either way. But my argument is, its the same dealer that summerized the ski. How does that go being over looked. And if it did, then he is responsible? Agree? Disagree???

+1
    I guess expanding ice in the box forced the split. If it didn't get caught in the summerization process would that have changed the fact that it cracked. Not taking sides. Just thinking out loud.....

+1
    when you winterized it did you run antifreeze thru the machine??

+1
    get an attorney.

I did run antifreeze, fogged the engine, and disconnected the battery.

I really do want to get an attorney, but I think attorney fees are going to be higher then to just pay for the new exhaust box. :-/

Has anyone ever have any problems with rejected warranty claims? If so, any luck reversing the decision?

+1
    You can take them to small claims court also.

+1
    Post up some picks of that "cracked water box" I have not yet seen a cracked water box from ice. I have seen a number of them bulged out, but never seen a crack.

If it is from ice, you would be responsible for the bill. You can always put up a wtb in the classified for a good used water box wanted and save a heap of money buying used.

So the dealer says it was hydrolocked but didn't cause any crank damage???

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information