Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TRIPLE PIPES ARE 2-STROKE TURBOS allcool's Avatar

Florida Gun laws

Some jury duty recently brought to my attention new laws passed last year giving concealed carry gun permit holders real power to actually use their guns when justified.

No longer does one have to retreat or be scared of being arrested for legal gun use. I wonder if more states will be doing this in the future.
    Here are a few of the more important changes to Fl Gun Laws.

The 2006 Florida Statutes

CHAPTER 776

JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE

776.013 Home protection; use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.--

(3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

(4) A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter a person's dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle is presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence.

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.--

(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term "criminal prosecution" includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.

776.08 Forcible felony.--"Forcible felony" means treason; murder; manslaughter; sexual battery; carjacking; home-invasion robbery; robbery; burglary; arson; kidnapping; aggravated assault; aggravated battery; aggravated stalking; aircraft piracy; unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb; and any other felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any individual.

+1
    It's called the castle doctrine. I'll teach that garbage man!

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar

Talking

i think it extends outside of your property too....pretty sure that was the big deal the hippies made out of the whole ordeal....billboards when comming into the state on the interstates "warning" tourist we can shoot them..

Lucky Floridians.

I'd have to say I wouldnt retreat unless they had a bigger gun

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanCucf View Post
    i think it extends outside of your property too....pretty sure that was the big deal the hippies made out of the whole ordeal....billboards when comming into the state on the interstates "warning" tourist we can shoot them..
    i passed it the other day and laughed while carrassing my .45 going to get the permit in 2 weeks.

michigan did the same, we are also a shall issue state for ccw!!!!!

In mississippi you only need a permit to carry a concealed weapon. You can carry a gun on your side all day. You are also allowed to carry a gun in your vehicle. If you feel your life is threatened you are allowed to use your gun. I love the south..............

guy in FL shot and killed an inturder who kept breaking into his home. No charges filed on the home owner.
    http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=3.2.1

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    Now THATS crime prevention!

Quote Originally Posted by qbzonk View Post
    guy in FL shot and killed an inturder who kept breaking into his home. No charges filed on the home owner.
    http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=3.2.1

I thought I heard something about that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information