Moving to the Cayman Islands

Hey Guys,

I hope someone can help me. I'm moving to the Cayman Islands in September, and the jet skiing conditions are one of the main attractions for me.

So basically, I'm just looking to get a feel for the scene out there. Do you go riding in groups a lot? Are the marinas out there jet ski friendly and where do most people keep their skis? I know there's a Sea-Doo dealer, but what else have you got? Is there much of a second hand market?

All that kinda stuff. Thanks for your help!

Mike

Banned User
    +1
    Look up Eric Burton while you're there. He and his wife Jackie are good people, and Eric is one of the best jet ski mechanics on the planet. You won't meet a nicer couple. They moved from Lake Havasu to the Cayman Islands about 2? years ago. Eric has his own shop now, but for the life of me, I can't remember the name of it. He used to work on my JS400 back in the 80's, when he worked at Jetco, so he has a ton of experience with all makes and models. He's been working on PWC's for at least 25+ years that I know of.
    He doesn't frequent the forums, but some of his friends do, so hopefully they come on and fill you in.

Cool, thanks for the recommendation. A quick google of "eric burton cayman" found he's set up a place called Jet Tech Solutions Ltd.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jet-T...648891?sk=info - there's the facebook profile if you're curious. From the description, I doubt it'll be long before I visit him!

Banned User
    +1
    Make sure you say hi to Klipper(you'll know who that is when you get there)

+1
    Hope you enjoy your move. Here aer some answers based on my knowledge

Do you go riding in groups a lot?
    Sunday's is the main day. Most people gather at where we call Rum Point. Not sure of "groups" though. I rode with 2 people at one time the most, but by no means does my riding give a clear picture of people's riding habits (I go out maybe twice a month)
    Are the marinas out there jet ski friendly and where do most people keep their skis?
    I would say they are friendly, most people if not all keep in their yard. Some that live on the canal have floating docks
    I know there's a Sea-Doo dealer, but what else have you got?
    Kawasaki, Yamaha, Sea-Doo. There are also many brand specific tuners (not at the dealers), to my knowledge no one actually takes their skis to the dealers for work. DP on the forum is the Yamaha man, Good2Go (forum)I believe can help with the Sea-Doo, not sure about the Kawasaki but there is a new company I believe about 2 months ago that I see talking Kawasaki, R3_Killa (forum) also does work on mainly Yamaha's I would say. All in all you shouldn't have any issues regardless of the brand
    Is there much of a second hand market?
    I would say yes, including mine

Hope this helps

Cool it sounds like it's good times out there for jet skiers!

I'm pretty excited about this - just need to get my ass out there and choose a ski. I'm leaning towards a GTR, but who knows...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wololo View Post
    i'm leaning towards a gtr, but who knows...
    sho sho sho sho
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rhys.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	269878  

+1
    7 mile beach is my favorite. I hope to visit again. I am jealous.

Thread Information