Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Exclamation Solas coming out with new prop for sho/fzr/fzs

I was on solas's web site and found out they now have Dyna-fly, Concord and now a new twin prop for our skis, YS-TP-14/23 Here is the link. http://www.solas.com/newweb/pwcprodu...o=F24&SwType=1 I still wish solas would make a 4 blade prop for us , I think we could benefit from it, like the seadoo's do. Tommy Jordan

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    I wonder if their twin-prop setup will be worth a poop. Side note, how does the Concord differ from the Dyna-Fly anyway?

Did I read that footnote correctly that the Solas TP (Twin Prop) was for stock engines only?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevv View Post
    Did I read that footnote correctly that the Solas TP (Twin Prop) was for stock engines only?
    That particular set pitches is possibly for stock.

+1
    Comparing the single blade impellers, Concord to the Dynafly,

Concord has better holeshot

Dynafly slightly better midrange

Same speed on top

IMO, Concord is the better impeller

Test ski - R3, C3, etc

Using timed same day test runs

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post
    Comparing the single blade impellers, Concord to the Dynafly,

Concord has better holeshot

Dynafly slightly better midrange

Same speed on top

IMO, Concord is the better impeller

Test ski - R3, C3, etc

Using timed same day test runs
    I got ya. Might it be a better prop than the Swirl that alot of people are using?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    I wonder if their twin-prop setup will be worth a poop. Side note, how does the Concord differ from the Dyna-Fly anyway?
    This is from solas web site---Concord - The Power Torque Series

With features like a large blade area and a unique geometric blade design, the SOLAS
    Concord Impeller delivers remarkable thrust and extraordinary efficiency. As four stroke
    technology becomes mainstream in the PWC world, the Concord design truly enhances the
    engine characteristics, not only delivering incredible acceleration but excellent top end
    performance. From water skiing to high speed cruising, this technologically advanced power
    torque design with its radial leading edge will offer everything you could ask for in an
    impeller.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dynafly - - Maximum Acceleration

Our new impeller is designed to give high compression ratio pumps a stronger acceleration
    with less cavitation. This impeller is capable of giving your PWC an incredible boost in its
    performance. The SOLAS product line includes Dynafly impellers for the Kawasaki Ultra 150
    pump and the Sea Doo 951 pump. SOLAS also has developed new impellers for other pumps.
    Please check the application chart for further details.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Having read some more information on the concord, this may be a prop that we may have over looked for the fz's. I havre not tested one yet! This prop may be even beter than a scat swirl for hook up/speed. A lot of guys did not even know they avalable for ths sho/fz's. Tommy Jordan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post

With features like a large blade area and a unique geometric blade design, the SOLAS
    Concord Impeller delivers remarkable thrust and extraordinary efficiency. As four stroke
    technology becomes mainstream in the PWC world, the Concord design truly enhances the
    engine characteristics, not only delivering incredible acceleration but excellent top end
    performance. From water skiing to high speed cruising, this technologically advanced power
    torque design with its radial leading edge will offer everything you could ask for in an
    impeller.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dynafly - - Maximum Acceleration

Our new impeller is designed to give high compression ratio pumps a stronger acceleration
    with less cavitation. This impeller is capable of giving your PWC an incredible boost in its
    performance. The SOLAS product line includes Dynafly impellers for the Kawasaki Ultra 150
    pump and the Sea Doo 951 pump. SOLAS also has developed new impellers for other pumps.
    Please check the application chart for further details.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Having read some more information on the concord, this may be a prop that we may have over looked for the fz's. I havre not tested one yet! This prop may be even beter than a scat swirl for hook up/speed. A lot of guys did not even know they avalable for ths sho/fz's. Tommy Jordan
    I had no idea they were. I just stayed away from the Solas props due to cavitation complaints on the forum. The Concord might be worth looking into then.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post

Interesting. I also never noticed they had a CD for the SHO/FZ. I'm guessing the 15/22(limited) DF they added uses the same root casting as the 14/21, just a taller pitch. They probably wanted to offer an in-between option for people who needed a little more than 14/21 but don't have the power to turn the aggressive root angle on the 15/22(modified).

+1
    Dyna fly 14/21 has a differant root angle ( not as tall) than the15/22 dyna fly. The 15/22 DF has much taller root angle. Not the same casting for sure. Tommy Jordan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information