Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2007 Speedster 200 High Idle Question

My boat is at the dealership. There are no check engine lights on or anything that would indicate a problem. My boat has the starboard engine running 1,000 rpm's(3,000) higher than the port side(2,000). The service guy says its the ecu and that it would run me $1,300.00. Anyone have any info if this is a possibility. My boat is a 2007 speedster 200 430hp.
    thanks in advance

dan

Yes, this is certainly possible, but could be other things as well (like a bad ISC valve or cracked intake manifold). However, this is really easy to check out, just swap the ECU's. If the problem goes to the other side, then the ECU is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    Yes, this is certainly possible, but could be other things as well (like a bad ISC valve or cracked intake manifold). However, this is really easy to check out, just swap the ECU's. If the problem goes to the other side, then the ECU is bad.
    ok will do thanks a million

+1
    Boost leak. Not the ECU IMO!. If it is idling higher than normal, this is usually the case. On the engine that is idling higher, have the TPS reset and check all hoses. Start with the exit from the SC and work your way to the TB. Sometimes the molded piece of tubing that connects the TB and SC has or develops small holes. I would also pull the TB off and check to see if you have a crack just behind it as it is a common place to crack. For $1350, I would do a reflash for a lot cheaper if it came to it. good Luck!

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Boost leak. Not the ECU IMO!. If it is idling higher than normal, this is usually the case. On the engine that is idling higher, have the TPS reset and check all hoses. Start with the exit from the SC and work your way to the TB. Sometimes the molded piece of tubing that connects the TB and SC has or develops small holes. I would also pull the TB off and check to see if you have a crack just behind it as it is a common place to crack. For $1350, I would do a reflash for a lot cheaper if it came to it. good Luck!
    All the s/c hoses are before the throttle body so have no effect on idle, I also highly doubt the ecu but as with most faults the ecu is only considered faulty by elimination so one needs to thorough! Sticking butterfly/cable/ faulty idle control motor on throttle body (most likely and easy to swap) or vaccum leak in the manifold,
    as above a simple ecu swap from one motor to the other will be the easiest way to confirm and I would think the dealer tried this already

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonze View Post
    All the s/c hoses are before the throttle body so have no effect on idle, I also highly doubt the ecu but as with most faults the ecu is only considered faulty by elimination so one needs to thorough! Sticking butterfly/cable/ faulty idle control motor on throttle body (most likely and easy to swap) or vaccum leak in the manifold,
    as above a simple ecu swap from one motor to the other will be the easiest way to confirm and I would think the dealer tried this already
    One would think. My money is on a vacuum leak not the ECU. You RARELY see an ECU failure!

+1
    I agree on the vacuum leak,rpm's rise when there is a leak.

thanks fellas, but dealer is right...swapped the ecu's problem goes away immediately..grrr. any idea where to get the best price on parts? thanks again

Well, right here on this site you can buy it new for a lot less, it is like a $850 ECU new, not $1,300. Alternatively, put a WTB on the classified as it is a common ECU used in a lot of 2006 and 2007 models, and someone might have one sitting on the shelf used, and will sell you one for a lot less.

I wonder if a reflash would work? Any ideas anyone?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information