Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

rxp-x 260 with et 68-140 first test.

i want to share my feedback on my 1st test with et 68- 140

after ordering it from Art at ET (i have to say that Art was very helpful as he answered to all my questions that i have asked great customer feedback). the back housing was machined 141.6 mm and torqued the supercharge to 20nm that was with 3 shims. i also realized that the new rebuild clutch kit come with different super clutches(i think they are rotax racing) and new design in the shaft.

installed:
    1. Riva fuel regulator
    2.fizzle air filter
    3.riva intake mod
    4. riva retairner kit
    5.vtech reflash
    6. mtx air fuel

at the same time i was having an issue with vetch where i was having a hard time getting the computer to connect with them after trying for 2 days got that and vetch sent me 3 maps, stock 8400 8650. thanks vetch!!

Art was clear that i have to run it for 2 hrs with no more than 7000 rpm to break in the super charge and re torque it after the 2 hrs. so yesterday ran the ski for 2 hrs with vtech 8400 map rpm my fuel was a bit lean so had to rise the regulator to 68 psi.
    i was in the 12th zone AF all the way to 6500 and after that slowly drops down.
    at the end of the day i did full throttle run and this charger really pulls !! i was on the limiter in seconds checked my gps i was doing 73.8 thats on a stock pump impeller (WOT AF 11.9)

so today i replaced the pump impeller with untouched 15/20 and uploaded the 8650 stage 3 map, i only had chance to run the ski for 1 hr my as it was choppy and windy and only managed to get 8300 rpm gps via iPhone 74.

my fuel ratio on wot was 11.8 but what i noticed is that in around 6500 to 7800 it feels some lag or i would say the ATV Banshee effect where you would feel the second carb kicks in, i only noticed this when i go low speeds and hit the throttle full. this might means the mid range is rich however i can see that it is in the low 12 AF.

i will retorque the charger today and get my fuel adjusted tomorrow, after that i will as Speed Freaks to put his magic on an impeller and send it to me. this will take me i think to 77 or 78 bt my aim is to get this beast to 80.

so guys if anyone can drop some tip or info i would be grateful, in the end if this forum was not here we wouldn't be going that fast all the thanks to Jerry and all that contributed.

+1
    I would have Vtech send you the stg 3 8800 tune and run that. Do you have a 2010 or 2011? I'm curious which nozzle you are running.
    The lag you feel is the slip on the supercharger. Definitely check it and adjust accordingly (if you have to) when you pull it.
    Are you running an exhaust at all? How about an intake grate?

FYI last year I ran a very similar setup but with a smaller charger and was consistent 78 mph @ 8700rpm - RRFPR, my own custom intake/exhaust, ET 137, Riva retainers, stock prop and 83mm nozzle, and Worx intake grate.
    With your setup you should be in the low 80s

+1
    i am runnig a similar setup, i have a riva xx charger, walbro fuel pump and the riva third gen ic, i have had issues wih my vtech flash but before it cuts throttle i am seeing over 8300 rpm pulls very hard, was able to get 71 one time before the ski cut throttle, as soon as i get the vtech issue sorted out it should be close to 80, i have the stage 3 8800 tune

+1
    What was your tick over fuel pressure, do you have your regulator reference line connected

+1
    I am sooo tempted to get these parts but seems like alot of $$s for 2-3 MPH, I am running a reliable 74 GPS now with just a Riva Stage 1

Let us know where your top speed ends up...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiguan FZR View Post
    I am sooo tempted to get these parts but seems like alot of $$s for 2-3 MPH, I am running a reliable 74 GPS now with just a Riva Stage 1

Let us know where your top speed ends up...
    It is only gonna get better for him as he is no where near done tunning. Hell hit 78+ IMO.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    It is only gonna get better for him as he is no where near done tunning. Hell hit 78+ IMO.
    I agree.... Something is not right with his setup right now. Top_rpm where do you live? How much boost are you showing? oh and also screw any type of gps app. Get a real gps or you might as well look at your stock gauge.. because its hit or miss with phone apps.

can you send me a email with your VIN / so i can check that you have the latest version of the tune?

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by top_rpm View Post
    i want to share my feedback on my 1st test with et 68- 140

after ordering it from Art at ET (i have to say that Art was very helpful as he answered to all my questions that i have asked great customer feedback). the back housing was machined 141.6 mm and torqued the supercharge to 20nm that was with 3 shims. i also realized that the new rebuild clutch kit come with different super clutches(i think they are rotax racing) and new design in the shaft.

installed:
    1. Riva fuel regulator
    2.fizzle air filter
    3.riva intake mod
    4. riva retairner kit
    5.vtech reflash
    6. mtx air fuel

at the same time i was having an issue with vetch where i was having a hard time getting the computer to connect with them after trying for 2 days got that and vetch sent me 3 maps, stock 8400 8650. thanks vetch!!

Art was clear that i have to run it for 2 hrs with no more than 7000 rpm to break in the super charge and re torque it after the 2 hrs. so yesterday ran the ski for 2 hrs with vtech 8400 map rpm my fuel was a bit lean so had to rise the regulator to 68 psi.
    i was in the 12th zone AF all the way to 6500 and after that slowly drops down.
    at the end of the day i did full throttle run and this charger really pulls !! i was on the limiter in seconds checked my gps i was doing 73.8 thats on a stock pump impeller (WOT AF 11.9)

so today i replaced the pump impeller with untouched 15/20 and uploaded the 8650 stage 3 map, i only had chance to run the ski for 1 hr my as it was choppy and windy and only managed to get 8300 rpm gps via iPhone 74.

my fuel ratio on wot was 11.8 but what i noticed is that in around 6500 to 7800 it feels some lag or i would say the ATV Banshee effect where you would feel the second carb kicks in, i only noticed this when i go low speeds and hit the throttle full. this might means the mid range is rich however i can see that it is in the low 12 AF.

i will retorque the charger today and get my fuel adjusted tomorrow, after that i will as Speed Freaks to put his magic on an impeller and send it to me. this will take me i think to 77 or 78 bt my aim is to get this beast to 80.

so guys if anyone can drop some tip or info i would be grateful, in the end if this forum was not here we wouldn't be going that fast all the thanks to Jerry and all that contributed.

+1
    I also think something aint right

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    oh and also screw any type of gps app. Get a real gps or you might as well look at your stock gauge.. because its hit or miss with phone apps.
    YOU talking about accurate gauges?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information