+1

Triton Elite Bunk Spacing for RXT-X 260 - HELP!!

I need help figuring out the bunk spacing on a 2012 Triton Elite Trailer for a RXT-X 260. My Fear is that the marina places the ski on the trailer the metal frame will dent the fiberglass ski hull if the bunks are too far apart. How do I figure out the bunk spacing? Can someone who has the same trailer and ski tell me the inner distance between bunks so I can set them correctly the first time? Any help would be most appreciated! Thanks.

+1
    Guys, I see that people are viewing the thread but not replying so let me ask a slightly different question. In general how did any of you determine the bunk spacing on your trailer? Certainly if someone has a triton trailer and a ski with an S3 hull who could provide feedback that would be optimal.

Thank you.

I just spaced them so it was just inside the outer edge at the rear of the ski. I do not think with the overall size and weight of the ski you will experience hull flex with them off a bit.

+1
    I have a Triton, but I have a new PX not a TX...Sorry I cant help anymore than that....

+1
    It shouldn't matter the make of any trailer manufacture or type of ski either.

Every ski I have ever seen, has the bunk boards just touching or just outside the ride plate. Then runs along the chine forward.

You are correct, the ski should never come in contact with the trailer frame under any condition!

I have a Triton WCII Elite with two skis with the S3 hull. I didn't check the spacing from the dealer prior to loading and the skis fit perfectly fine. When I get home I'll measure the distance and report back.

+1
    Here you go. Had an 2011 RXT-X on the right side. You will use the higher bolts on the brackets and 20 inches inbetween the two bunks. Note, I have bunk glides on it, but that won't affect the spacing (just makes it easier to get off an on).

First pict shows brackets using upper slot, second pict 20" spacing, 3rd pict shows where I had the winch. You will have to adjust the winch based on where the weight feel proper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t1.jpg 
Views:	617 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	270043   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t2.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	145.5 KB 
ID:	270044   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t3.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	156.9 KB 
ID:	270045  

I have the same trailer...My spacing is similar to Surfrider....but after having a look closely at mine I see that one set of bunks is on the upper holes and the other is on the lower. Neither of them have had a issue but Im going to set to them both on the upper holes. I also have my bow posts as far forward as possible for the maximum garage space. BTW, This is with a 2002 GTX DI and 2007 GTX (Same Hull).

+1
    Thanks so much for the pictures. This really helps, roughly how close is your hull to the trailer frame? From what I understand the lower the better for both highway stability and shallow water launching. Looking forward to your feedback. Thanks again!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP LBI View Post
    Thanks so much for the pictures. This really helps, roughly how close is your hull to the trailer frame? From what I understand the lower the better for both highway stability and shallow water launching. Looking forward to your feedback. Thanks again!
    Sorry, I don't remember. It was a someone else's ski (I have a FZR, which sits on the other side) and although it is possible that you could use the lower holes and then move the bunks out a bit. You would still keep the 20" spacing. One thing to keep in mind is when you launch and dock the ski, the bow can be very close to the cross frame as it starts to go up on the bunks. If you do try the lower setting, make sure to check that too. You don't want to nick up the ski, even though Triton puts that little rubber bumper there just incase.

Thread Information