Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2012 GTR SC questions

Hi all,

Great site here, been doing some reading. Picking up 2 new GTR ski's on Sat. Can anyone tell me if the 2012's have the same issues with the older model SC washers or has it been addressed? Read about installing a blow off valve to aid in SC longevity, also thinking about adding a catch can. Or should I not do anything while I still have warranty? Thanks in advance.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    No SC issues with the new GTR SC'r, BRP has addressed them. Routine maint. @ 100 hrs.

Gratz on the new skis, the GTR is a great, and fun ride!

I think they got rid of the ceramic washers back in 07

Thanks for the quick replies, can't wait to get them...

+1
    Maintenance is now at 200 hrs. for the SC. Check in your owner's manual.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ProZadoX View Post
    Maintenance is now at 200 hrs. for the SC. Check in your owner's manual.

Only if you have the latest SC rebuild kit installed or a late 2011 or alll 2012's

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by drew76 View Post
    Hi all,

Great site here, been doing some reading. Picking up 2 new GTR ski's on Sat. Can anyone tell me if the 2012's have the same issues with the older model SC washers or has it been addressed? Read about installing a blow off valve to aid in SC longevity, also thinking about adding a catch can. Or should I not do anything while I still have warranty? Thanks in advance.
    Welcome to the Hulk!

As said no worries on SC washers. Do NOT install a BOV - causes more problems than it is worth. The 2 smartest things you can do is:

#1 install 1 or 2 bilge pumps - it is friggin stupid to ride a pwc without a bilge pump(s). There are countless stories on this site about carbon seal failure, exhaust hoses popping off, IC leaks, thru-hull fittings leaking, etc, etc. Do a search for bilge pumps and look through the "How To" section for lots of ideas and pictures. They will keep you afloat long enough to get to shore and deal with your problem.

#2 rip out the stock air intake contraption - it is very restrictive - install a 4" air kanaflex setup with a catch can.

This site is very addictive and is worse than crack..................but sure is fun!

+1
    Have a GTR and love it! Its getting its 10 hour service done. Only problem with it so far is the seat is rubbing through the gelcoat about mid point, have two dimples on both sides. My dealer notified BRP of the issue. Anyone else with a GTR have this problem?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Welcome to the Hulk!

As said no worries on SC washers. Do NOT install a BOV - causes more problems than it is worth. The 2 smartest things you can do is:

#1 install 1 or 2 bilge pumps - it is friggin stupid to ride a pwc without a bilge pump(s). There are countless stories on this site about carbon seal failure, exhaust hoses popping off, IC leaks, thru-hull fittings leaking, etc, etc. Do a search for bilge pumps and look through the "How To" section for lots of ideas and pictures. They will keep you afloat long enough to get to shore and deal with your problem.

#2 rip out the stock air intake contraption - it is very restrictive - install a 4" air kanaflex setup with a catch can.

This site is very addictive and is worse than crack..................but sure is fun!

+1 greenhulk is my antidrug lol

+1
    Has any one done any mods to the GTR and gps figures ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information