Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

01 GTX 951 DI maintainence in display

Working on a DI runs great then you cut it off then the next time you start it it might display maint. And run like its in limp mode.
    Things I have done is replace the plugs with the correct # plug then repair the plug cap were someone forced it over the plug wrong and spread it open. Then checked coils for corrosion but this thing is like new everything is clean. Then checked voltage the charging system is working correctly. Rave valves clean and move freely. Fuses all good and clean.

The only thing I find unusual was when the display reads maint. Theres a switch cycling on the right side just over the water box.

Thanks in advanced for any input.

First of all, the DI skis have a maintenance counter feature in the display that needs to be reset every 25 hours. To reset it, you hold down the SET button for 2 seconds. If this doesn't clear up the Maintenance light blinking at startup on a DI, then you have an internal fault that needs attention.

Second, if the ski goes into limp mode, the only effective way to figure out what is wrong is to hook it up to BUDS or Candoopro and check what faults are causing the limp condition. I will warn you that most dealers don't have anyone that knows how to diagnose DI,s so beware.
    Last edited by Sea Dood; 05-07-2012 at 06:45 PM.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    First of all, the DI skis have a maintenance counter feature in the display that needs to be reset every 25 hours. I don't remember the procedure; I seem to recall that you hold the mode and set buttons down for a period of time, but will look it up later and edit this if this is not correct.

Second, if the ski goes into limp mode, the only effective way to figure out what is wrong is to hook it up to BUDS or Candoopro and check what faults are causing the limp condition. I will warn you that most dealers don't have anyone that knows how to diagnose DI,s so beware.
    +1 on getting a candoo..great tool for a DI owner which willpay for itself on the very first use since only the very biggest and best seadoo dealerships can keep a mechanic long enough to know what to do on a DI ski. I bought a Candoo to address the needs of a couple of my customers who have DI skis who got royally worked over by other shops on a parts replacement carnival.

DO NOT let a DI run in limp mode for long. Find some good information on DI issues atthe group k website.

I managed to obtain a complete DI ski a couple of years ago with a rusted solid motor. Great source of test parts to confirm a diagnosis before shelling out big bucks for replacement parts. DI parts are too costly to allow a poorly equipped shop to hold a carnival on your nickle. If you can't afford to buy a Candoo, be ready to pay for any shop with one to diagnose the problem (hint..find the money to buy a candoo..relatively speaking..it is not that expensive compared to a wrong guess onabout any DI system part.)

+1
    Got a friend here local who can hook it up thanks for the input.

+1
    Post back your findings. Your experiences will benefit others.

+1
    The maintenance counter can only be reset by Candoo Pro or BUDS. Are you getting a sequense or beeps?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk36 View Post
    The maintenance counter can only be reset by Candoo Pro or BUDS. Are you getting a sequense or beeps?
    INCORRECT.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    INCORRECT.
    May help to explain how.

Hold down the set button down for at least 2 seconds and it should reset itself.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SURFnTURF View Post
    May help to explain how.

Hold down the set button down for at least 2 seconds and it should reset itself.
    Push down the set button w/ 1 finger and with another finger at the same time push down the mode button-- hold down the 2 buttons for 5 seconds or so-- just like the carberated 951s. If the maintance light does not go off then there is an active fault. Fix the fault and the maintance light goes away by itself.

+1
    Does it reset or just turn off til the next start up? My service manual for 2002 DI does not describe the above procedure.
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Push down the set button w/ 1 finger and with another finger at the same time push down the mode button-- hold down the 2 buttons for 5 seconds or so-- just like the carberated 951s. If the maintance light does not go off then there is an active fault. Fix the fault and the maintance light goes away by itself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information