05 FX Cruiser HO upgrades

Hey guys new to the forum and sport here. I recently purchased my first ski, a 2005 FX Cruiser HO. I absolutely love it. Only problem is i have a tendecy to want to tinker with things. I was wondering if there are any worth while or notable upgrades i could do to my ski. I guess my only gripe is id like to go a little faster. Im only hitting 50 but i think thats due to the fact i weigh 300lbs lol. Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks guys

+1
    Congrats!
    50 is low, you should hit high 50s even if it is loaded at 350 lbs
    I'd say 55-57 is where you should see in calm water but hold the throttle to build up some speed!

As for upgrades, I won't spend money on that ski! I don't think it's worth it! That engine is working hard already

+1
    You won't get much more top end outta the ski, you can get better acceleration with R&D velocity stacks and an air filter... Buying from R&D is cheaper than RIVA

Better to save your money and invest in another ski or a second ski. Kinda like souping up a civic... in the end you still have a civic... Meaning, you won't get a ton of power, the MR-1 motor is pretty maxed from the factory.

If you are only hitting 50 something is wrong even with your weight. Invest in some new plugs, check your air filter, and then climb under the ski and look up at the pump, everything should be sealed up and the impeller should look ding/chip free, otherwise that's where the speed is being wasted.

Thank you for your replies. I took it out again today and hit 47 as my top speed. I bought it from a local dealer. Ill check the air filter and plugs. Im fine with gaining some acceleration. Ill give it a look when i get home. I thought it should be going faster. I bought the ski with 63 hours on it. It has 69 now. Do you think it could be the plugs? Would that kill so much speed.

+1
    You have a problem.

Check air-filter, see if it is clogged up with oil. Check oil to make sure it is not overfilled. For oil you need to check it while the engine is hot. If both of these checked fine then change your spark plugs, most likely your problem will be solved! If the ski performs the way it should, you should have good acceleration!
    Quote Originally Posted by g88ghost View Post
    Thank you for your replies. I took it out again today and hit 47 as my top speed. I bought it from a local dealer. Ill check the air filter and plugs. Im fine with gaining some acceleration. Ill give it a look when i get home. I thought it should be going faster. I bought the ski with 63 hours on it. It has 69 now. Do you think it could be the plugs? Would that kill so much speed.

Thread Information