Installing Hydro Turf on XP

I've been getting my first ski ready for the water. Can't wait to get it in! I picked up some Hydro Turf and decided last night was as good as any to start learning to install it correctly. I removed the old foot mats and started getting it ready for the Hydro Turf. I removed/drilled/pushed down all the old rivets and cleaned the base with acetone. After that I mixed up some marine epoxy to cover the holes so no water could seep in. The epoxy has setup over night. After work, I start installing the mats. I'm going to warm the mats and base with a hair dryer and start sticking them down. I think it's going to look real nice with the color combo I am using.

EDIT: One question: Under the "deck" where the mats go if you look in the hull there is styrofoam, but there is something else which looks like a plastic bag filled with something that is rock hard. It runs almost the length of the foot area. What is that? If my description sucks I can try and get a photo when I get home. I'm just wondering cause i'm starting to think I may have poked that with the drill bit accidentally in a spot or two.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    EDIT: One question: Under the "deck" where the mats go if you look in the hull there is styrofoam, but there is something else which looks like a plastic bag filled with something that is rock hard. It runs almost the length of the foot area. What is that? If my description sucks I can try and get a photo when I get home. I'm just wondering cause i'm starting to think I may have poked that with the drill bit accidentally in a spot or two.
    you should be ok...just more insulation. If I were you I would change the carbon ring as insurance, and change the pump oil too. have you cleaned the fuel system?

Yep, just found that out. Thanks!

Done!

Thread Information