Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

10 Hours Service (Is it really necessary from the dealer?)

I just bought a new SeaDoo RXT-260. I know all SeaDoos going back at least 10 years recommend a 10 hour service (at owner's expense). From what I can tell on the checklist the on actual service they do is an oil/filter change. Every thing else is just an inspection. Things I can do myself. It doesn't appear to be necessary to keep the warranty in place. What do you guys think?

I just don't want to have to give up the ski for a week when I could just spend a couple of hours on it myself.

+1
    How bad do you want your warranty?
    Can you afford to fix a warranty problem yourself.

I purchased two snowmobles in the last three years without returning them for service. My thoughts, I can afford to fix myself if I had to.

Not true. Manufacturers cannot force you to use their dealers for this in order to keep warranty active. They can only require that you show proof that it was done. This is one of many reasons that people buy a Candoopro system as you can prove the service was done by keeping your oil and filter receipts and resetting the maintenance counter in the ECU.

+1
    its called the morris magnuson act, the dealer or munufacture can not force you to use them to keep your warrenty in efect unless they supplythe oil, filter and parts for free for the life of the warrenty

+1
    True or false? If you chose not to take your ski in at the 10hr service. And within the warranty time frame something bad happens. Can BRP deny a claim because of something that could have been prevented before it got worse.

It's just being safe. If you can't afford the repairs. I'm positive some repairs have been denied because of failure to prove service had been done.

Either have the dealer do it, or be able to prove it. Or my way, is to deal with it if something happens

+1
    they would have to prove what ever happened was because you didnt bring it to them for service, its game they play to get out of paying for warranty, their specs for new engines are sloppy, its no wonder i see more doo's on a tow rope !!!!

+1
    There is no 10hr service on the 2012 seadoo's I have a 2012 p-x and gtr the manual states 25 hrs is the first service aqnd it really just oil + filter. I just did both ski's and already bought a candoo pro and waiting for the 2012 software thats suppose to be out by Friday to reset the maint light + hours.

BRP released a service bulletin recently....

Some ECU's made it out with a 10 hour service before the new 25 hour was approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Brd-Prey View Post
    already bought a candoo pro and waiting for the 2012 software thats suppose to be out by Friday to reset the maint light + hours.
    Still working on the new changes... Here's a little update, think we figured out the reset for the service and the ski is running the hours up now so we can test, will be at the 100 hour reset monday evening... While we wait, we are working on the key logic, it changed a little, and the history changed a lot for some reason...

+1
    my ski was never serviced at a dealer....at 100 hrs,required warranted work, the dealer never asked me about servicing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information