Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: oceanwraz333

Talking oceanwraz333

first time owner of jet skis, I just bought 2, 1998 GS Sea Doo. both have been garaged and unused for the last 3 years and look amazing good for the age. I put the skis in the water for about 20 minutes with no problems,but being a beginner at this I am not sure what to be on the lookout for?. any advice and tips would be appreciated. just downloaded an owners manuel but nothing really specific for my skis, such as engine size or number

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to GH!
    first off you have 717cc motors in them. about 85 hp each. other things to look out for are a multitude of things for skis being this old regardless of years sitting. this also can create some problems.
    first things first I would replace the fuel systems. its cheap and easy to do if you are at all mechanically inclined. there is a sticky thread dedicated at the top of the 2 stroke performance section. next I would order two carb rebuld kits with needle and seats. this sounds like a big job but if you are replacing the fuel system lines you are half way there so you might as well as do it while you have the carbs out.
    thirdly, I would replace pump oil. this tends to be the most over looked maintenance check. take the steering nozzle off and the venturi then take the little cone off, drain and refill with 80w90 gear oil. replace the spark plugs and add some fresh gas and you should be good to go.

There is also a grease nipple on the shaft behind the engine. Take off the two wing bolts and remove cover to access it.
    I assume this is on all sea-doos

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_Man View Post
    There is also a grease nipple on the shaft behind the engine. Take off the two wing bolts and remove cover to access it.
    I assume this is on all sea-doos
    yep, forgot about that one...grease zerk on the PTO

1998 seadoo

[QUOTE=airbornexp;1925440]Welcome to GH!
    first off you have 717cc motors in them. about 85 hp each. other things to look out for are a multitude of things for skis being this old regardless of years sitting. this also can create some problems.
    first things first I would replace the fuel systems. its cheap and easy to do if you are at all mechanically inclined. there is a sticky thread dedicated at the top of the 2 stroke performance section. next I would order two carb rebuld kits with needle and seats. this sounds like a big job but if you are replacing the fuel system lines you are half way there so you might as well as do it while you have the carbs out.
    thirdly, I would replace pump oil. this tends to be the most over looked maintenance check. take the steering nozzle off and the venturi then take the little cone off, drain and refill with 80w90 gear oil. replace the spark plugs and add some fresh gas and you should be good to go.[

thanks for the feedback, really excited and looking forward to getting in the water with these!

certainly will be looking for this

+1
    I should mention there is a link at the top of the main page for OEM parts. you can order tour rebuild kits there and any other parts you may need. you can use the coupon code "greenhulk" to get a little discount that basically takes care of shipping.

heres the link
    1998 Seadoo GS OEM Parts

oem parts

Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    I should mention there is a link at the top of the main page for OEM parts. you can order tour rebuild kits there and any other parts you may need. you can use the coupon code "greenhulk" to get a little discount that basically takes care of shipping.

heres the link
    1998 Seadoo GS OEM Parts
    thanks for the link to this site certainly will be using it.

Don't forget the injector oil filter. You can download the service manuals for free and just follow the maintenance section step by step for peace of mind. Don't forget sitting for three years fluids and rubber parts can go bad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information