Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New toy

+1

New toy

On the way from nc to Miami to pick up my gprsho turbo conversion, pretty excited but def don't know what to expect or what to look for on a conversion that would be a concern??

+1
    Too many things to list. What do you know about the ski?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yol937 View Post
    On the way from nc to Miami to pick up my gprsho turbo conversion, pretty excited but def don't know what to expect or what to look for on a conversion that would be a concern??
    does the ski you are picking up the hull is white?

+1
    No it's not white it's green I know a lil bit about the ski looks good from the pics I have and it runs pretty well also it's got all the safety concerns pump reliefs ss grate tunnel reinforcement and a right good bit of stuff to much to list. What's the deal with the white one is it a good one to buy or should I be aware of it??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yol937 View Post
    No it's not white it's green I know a lil bit about the ski looks good from the pics I have and it runs pretty well also it's got all the safety concerns pump reliefs ss grate tunnel reinforcement and a right good bit of stuff to much to list. What's the deal with the white one is it a good one to buy or should I be aware of it??
    the only gprsho turbo in miami i have see is the white one and Ramon from H20Xtrem did the ski and it look really nice.

+1
    I would suggest going over it and REALLY familiarizing yourself with it. Depending on your mehanical knowledge, you may or may not want to make any changes relative to what you feel is safe(r) and whether or not the ski needs it. If I purchased a ski that I never built myself, I would definitely "crawl before I walked" and get to know the ski and the handling characteristics.... before you just go out and hammer on it. Either way, be safe and keep us posted and best of luck with it. BE SAFE

+1
    Take some pics and post them up, a lot can be determined just from the build. If it just thrown together, I would stay away unless you are mechanically inclined and willing to tear it all down and start over. . Some of the things we see that come out of Miami are dangerous to say the least. I would also make sure the guy has a receipt for the engine, lots of stolen skis in that area of Florida. I was told recently from a friend of mine who lives down there that police dont ask questions if you have a conversion ski anymore, they just impound it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vspec1 View Post
    Take some pics and post them up, a lot can be determined just from the build. If it just thrown together, I would stay away unless you are mechanically inclined and willing to tear it all down and start over. . Some of the things we see that come out of Miami are dangerous to say the least. I would also make sure the guy has a receipt for the engine, lots of stolen skis in that area of Florida. I was told recently from a friend of mine who lives down there that police dont ask questions if you have a conversion ski anymore, they just impound it.
    Your just have some bad luck .. But i ride my conversion alot and have gotten stop a bunch of times and I ve never had any isssues . But just in case something happens I have all my papers

+1
    Post some pic's of the animal!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Timba_rxp23 View Post
    Your just have some bad luck .. But i ride my conversion alot and have gotten stop a bunch of times and I ve never had any isssues . But just in case something happens I have all my papers
    Our bad luck has been going on for a few years with anything down south. JP and I have been down there at least 5 times for some magical unicorn and its always a flaming pile of shit with the wrong paperwork if any and put together by a 5yr old at best.

The last 07 hull I went to look at had a repaired crack all the way down the side and ended up having 04 paperwork. Always a joke. Good thing I always have business at Riva or it would really piss me off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information