San Francisco, Ca.

1995 SLT 750 Piston sizing

Hi All, I have been rebuilding an slt 750 engine from scratch. Most of my parts were purchased online. I recently purchased 3 cylinders jugs with 3 pistons. All from the same engine. All seemed fine until I noticed that one cylinder had slight markings on the cylinder wall. The matching piston shows severe damage upon closer inspection. I would like to replace the piston and hone all three cylinders. My dillema is trying to figure out the size of the existing pistons. I cannot seem to find any measurements. Can anyone give me advice as to where I can find the piston size or if there is a formula for measuring the pistons with a micrometer. Apparently, the pistons come in three sizes. I do know that piston size is measured via cylinder inside diameter. Correct me if I'm wrong. Any help regarding proper measuring methods will be greatly appreciated.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Cleveland OH
    If the pistons aren't stamped with a number like .25, .50, .75, then they're STD size. Which for a 750 is 69.72mm

FYI: 750's are not limted to 3 size of pistons. They can go as big as 2.25mm oversize making it a 795cc.

Not sure how to use a mic to determine size, but if you can get your hands on a caliper, that'll tell you easily what size it is. Or if the pistons have any markings on the dome, post them up and we can tell you what size it SHOULD be....

And by the way, welcome to the Hulk.

be sure to do all the recommended fuel system up grades....

we have pistons, gaskets, and most every thing else you would need in stock here.

welcome, and let me know if i can help.

Thread Information