Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question about R&D intake grate for rxpx model.

Hallo i a have a question for anyone wich can help me for sure,what is the difrence from http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=862 and from http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...ducts_id=863,i want to put in on a rxpx model wich i have on it stage 3 riva,and know i have the riva intake grate but it is not ok i have a lot of overstuff,if anyone ca help me i will be very pleased,i ask you because i have heard and read that r d intake grate is much better from the riva.

+1
    I would get this one. It is probably the safest for the speed you are running. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=862

+1
    You might want to consider PRVs (Pressure Relief Valves).

Hallo dnielsen i have put on (Pressure Relief Valves,thanks to you if you remeber an another thread you have help me a lot.but i heard also that rd intake great it is better than the riva for the watercraft that go over 80mph.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrturbo View Post
    Hallo dnielsen i have put on (Pressure Relief Valves,thanks to you if you remeber an another thread you have help me a lot.but i heard also that rd intake great it is better than the riva for the watercraft that go over 80mph.
    yes

SPEED COMES 1/10 @ A TIME SpeedFreeks Racing's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrturbo View Post
    Hallo i a have a question for anyone wich can help me for sure,what is the difrence from http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=862 and from http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...ducts_id=863,i want to put in on a rxpx model wich i have on it stage 3 riva,and know i have the riva intake grate but it is not ok i have a lot of overstuff,if anyone ca help me i will be very pleased,i ask you because i have heard and read that r d intake grate is much better from the riva.
    if you run this intake grate: http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=862 you are good to mid 80's with out worring about overstuffing or useing a pressure relief. i dont know why most of you guys are couught up on this overstuffing thing with the use of the R&D intake grate. i have been in the high 80's a few miles short of 90mph with the R&D intake grate and no pressure relief at all. one thing i would not recomend is the use of a riva ride plate at those speeds with out pressure relief.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedFreeks Racing View Post
    if you run this intake grate: http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=862 you are good to mid 80's with out worring about overstuffing or useing a pressure relief. i dont know why most of you guys are couught up on this overstuffing thing with the use of the R&D intake grate. i have been in the high 80's a few miles short of 90mph with the R&D intake grate and no pressure relief at all. one thing i would not recomend is the use of a riva ride plate at those speeds with out pressure relief.
    I guess I'm one of those guys who is caught up with this overstuffing thing. My guess is for the same reason as most of the guys running these speeds... SAFETY.

I've read on a few threads that the Riva ride plate will contribute to an overstuff on certain skis (like my PX) at certain speeds. I guess I don't understand the concept here. How does a ride plate contribute to overstuff?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedFreeks Racing View Post
    Hmmm, so you are saying that you have ran a PX in the mid 80s without PRVs? I guess I'm one of those guys too that get caught up as the with the OP in this thread. This PRVs are needed on these PXs without debate, this not just some theory that someone dreamed up and thought would be a cool idea. It has been proven over and over again that the machines will stuff at 78 with stock plate and grate. Switching the grate alone will raise the point of stuffing, some grates higher than the other on the POS (point of stuffing). The Worx grate is a bad choice for aftermarket replacement (it will stuff the ski at 78 when lifting off the throttle), this one I proved myself! The Riva grate is likely the best choice for speeds up to around 80 as it is not quite as aggressive as the others and will produce the most speed gains for a simple bolt on replacement. However the Riva grate has been proven again and again to be brittle and will snap into at speeds at or around 80. The R&D has proven to a solid replacement over the OEM and performs quite well. Start jacking with the rideplates and it affects the angle of the ski (more nose lift) and you'll see how it affects the point of stuffing. More nose lift equates to more pressure in the tunnel.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smkondwtr View Post
    I guess I'm one of those guys who is caught up with this overstuffing thing. My guess is for the same reason as most of the guys running these speeds... SAFETY.

I've read on a few threads that the Riva ride plate will contribute to an overstuff on certain skis (like my PX) at certain speeds. I guess I don't understand the concept here. How does a ride plate contribute to overstuff?
    the use of a riva ride plate will make the nose of your ski ride up higher do to the extreme angle that is built into the ride plate forcing more water to enter your pump tunnel (thus causeing the overstuffing effect) the higher the nose of your ski rides out of the water the more water enters the pump tunnel.

on a P-X if you use a stock ride plate and R&D intake grate you can run speeds into the mid to low 80's with out over stuffing and the use of a pressure relief's.

+1
    [QUOTE=dnielsen;1926192]Hmmm, so you are saying that you have ran a PX in the mid 80s without PRVs? I guess I'm one of those guys too that get caught up as the with the OP in this thread. This PRVs are needed on these PXs without debate, this not just some theory that someone dreamed up and thought would be a cool idea. It has been proven over and over again that the machines will stuff at 78 with stock plate and grate. Switching the grate alone will raise the point of stuffing, some grates higher than the other on the POS (point of stuffing). The Worx grate is a bad choice for aftermarket replacement (it will stuff the ski at 78 when lifting off the throttle), this one I proved myself! The Riva grate is likely the best choice for speeds up to around 80 as it is not quite as aggressive as the others and will produce the most speed gains for a simple bolt on replacement. However the Riva grate has been proven again and again to be brittle and will snap into at speeds at or around 80. The R&D has proven to a solid replacement over the OEM and performs quite well. Start jacking with the rideplates and it affects the angle of the ski (more nose lift) and you'll see how it affects the point of stuffing. More nose lift equates to more pressure in the tunnel.[/QUOTE i agree a 100% with everything you say, but what i said in my post was if you use an R&D intake grate and stock ride plate on a P-X you can run in the low to mid 80's with out overstuffing and without the use a pressure relief. i did not mention anything else about other intake grates that will make you overstuff..... i only said if you use an R&D intake grate and stock ride plate you dont have to worrie about overstuffing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information