Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

To wedge or not to wedge? RXP with Riva rideplate

I have heat xc cooling and Riva rideplate on my RXP, R&D grate, Stage 3 setup, no PRVs. I have two complete pump setups, one with a tweaked 15/20 and 81.5mm nozzle, the other pump with 15/21 and stock 83mm nozzle. I have a Riva wedge on the 15/20 pump setup (and longer VTS rod) but was debating about getting another Riva wedge for my second pump setup.

Input? I wondered if most other guys with a P and a Riva rideplate also run a wedge, or not? Does the combo give too much lift or cause stuffing on the P?

+1
    How's the bounce with your setup? How was initial fit of the plate? Is your plate flush? Recessed? Shimmed?

+1
    I blew out the pumpshoe last year, installed a new one, and made some minor adjustments, and then had to put it away for the winter. I did grind the hell out of the plate to get it true and it is on nice and straight now, no shims. Plate is slightly recessed, but very little. I did notice some guys had a little bounce with the Riva plate, put on a wedge, and it went away ... seemed it helped match the pump thrust with the angle of the plate. So was curious to hear from others if their ski with Riva plate runs better with wedge or without?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    I blew out the pumpshoe last year, installed a new one, and made some minor adjustments, and then had to put it away for the winter. I did grind the hell out of the plate to get it true and it is on nice and straight now, no shims. Plate is slightly recessed, but very little. I did notice some guys had a little bounce with the Riva plate, put on a wedge, and it went away ... seemed it helped match the pump thrust with the angle of the plate. So was curious to hear from others if their ski with Riva plate runs better with wedge or without?
    I had bounce. I have the plate shimmed, which made a differance. (need to pull plate and grind some more). Put a PE on also so not 100% sure what affected what, changed too many things at once.
    Never tried the wedge with Riva plate. would be very keen to see if the wedge helped the bounce. might leave the extension off and try the wedge over winter if I get time.

+1
    I don't have a rxp ,but had the wedge on my rxt-x with the riva rideplate.
    Ski seemed a bit loose in the water,and cornering was not as sharp as it used to be.
    Didn't like the handling at all, whatever vts setting i used, still not the handling i was used to
    without the wedge.
    Removed the wedge and vts extension, and handling was much better,the agressive turns which i was used to with the riva rideplate returned.
    For me it was no succes ,but my results are on a 3 seater.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    I have rxp and had a angle cut plate and R&d wedge with Re's... it didn't bounce at all and seemed to handle chop pretty nice.... since then I fiberglassed opas corners and removed the hook and changed the game up.... had to take the angle cut plate off Way too much lift.. put on a modified stock plate and wedge and it's even better than before. Just some info to think about..

+1
    Vern, I was running the riva plate with wedge for a while without issue until about 84+. After that It started getting a bit loose in the rear and would stuff with sudden throttle drops at wot. Also at high speed it made the steering feel as though it wasnt even hooked up. I have since ditched the wedge and filled the side channels on the plate and high speed turning is much improved. I plan on trying the wedge again with the channels filled to see how that works.

+1
    Wedge all the way..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Wedge all the way..
    Alot depends on the type of riding you do but I will also say the riva plate on a px acts alot different than on a p.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturm215 View Post
    I have rxp and had a angle cut plate and R&d wedge with Re's... it didn't bounce at all and seemed to handle chop pretty nice.... since then I fiberglassed opas corners and removed the hook and changed the game up.... had to take the angle cut plate off Way too much lift.. put on a modified stock plate and wedge and it's even better than before. Just some info to think about..
    Did you fill the hook in or did you cut it out?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information