+1

06 Rxt carbon seal bellow vibration...

Ok guys I have some thoughts but lets see yours... I am working on a friends rxt and it's been used and abused. It has bad vibrations coming from pump bought NEW impeller and New wear ring, new carbon seal and boot and new pto bellow and bearing. The driveshaft had pretty bad rust on it and i just used a wire brush wheel to get the surface clean. The c-clamp groove looked fine so I installed all new parts.. the Hat was a pita to get on there, was thinking it was from more surface rust. So i got it all together and The bellow and carbon ring has a bad vibration... I thought it might be the pump bearings so I switched pumps and It still has the vibration. I'm thinking the only other option is the shaft is somehow shot or the hat(floating ring) isn't sitting straight on the driveshaft.. Funny thing is.. it's not vibrating.. just the bellow and carbon seal from what I can see. The vibration is felt through out the whole ski. Is there any thing else I could be missing?? The Rubber bushing is at the end of the driveshaft that goes into the pto. Thanks in advance.

+1
    i experienced this on my gtx you might have gotten some oil or grease on the carbon seal and there is some friction on the hat. put it in the water and let it run, or shoot some brake cleaner between the hat and ring mine is just fine now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelytle1077 View Post
    i experienced this on my gtx you might have gotten some oil or grease on the carbon seal and there is some friction on the hat. put it in the water and let it run, or shoot some brake cleaner between the hat and ring mine is just fine now.
    You the man... I went out started it and poured water over the bellow and boom it went away magically. What a easy solution.. never experienced this before with rxp. I appreciate it..

+1
    no problem probably got a little something on there re installing the shaft just run it and re-apply as needed till it gets worked off the ring

+1
    I had that happen once when I dry installed the C clip ... minor vibration from 3000 - 7000 rpm. Pushed the hat back, squirted a little oil on the driveshaft so the o rings on the SS hat would be lubed and slide on easier and seat correctly ... fixed it. I think the o rings in the SS hat need a coating of oil before sliding on the driveshaft; if they are dry, the SS hat often does not seat fully, and is not on squarely.

+1
    Yah it will have you scratching your head for a min.. like wtf. Thanks for the info.. It's good to go now or at least till it's beat up again..

Thread Information