Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seadoo Rxtx 260rs problems

Hi, just registered. dono if anyone can help me out but my jetski (2011)has been dry for 6 months but i have been starting it with fresh water once a week every single week till today.(to keep everything running), today i launched the jetski and for some reason or another after it reached its temperature on idle i put it into forward and it sounded as if its missfiring. i then changed key to the yellow one and on sportmode it was as slow as i dono what accelerating really slowly but then varying speed slightly. i realised something was wrong and switched it off put it back on and tried it again and same thing. i didnt even reach 40miles with the yellow key on sport mode. i got it up as i was scared to damage it more. Does anyone have a clue of what might be wrong ? as my dealer can only check it out next week and the sea this week is amazing! also on another note for some reason or another its ratteling alot the prop..i dono if that has to do cuz its miss firing. ur comments wwould be really appriciated.
    thanks

Spark plugs!

And welcome by the way. If you have just been starting for starting for a short time every week for 6 months I would definatly start by changing the plugs also check for bad gas.

+1
    +1

hi,
    thanks for the quick response. put my mind at rest. next time should i just leave it? and disconnect the battery for d winter or ? would do u suggest?
    il check the plugs if they come out faulty il check the gas...is it something i can change myself as i have some mechanical knowledge.. or do the plugs have to be torqued to a certain extent?
    regards
    thanks again

No I start mine once a week over winter. It's just season maintenance to replace plugs and change the oil. Also fresh gas if it's 6 months old and it had no stabilizer.

oil has been changed after 22 hrs..shall i change it again 10 hours later? gas has been only 3 months so il keep that.
    i dono if anyone has been through this but after 22hrs my agent told me their has been an upgrade in the timing chain and he changed it for free since under garantee..any idea of what was with this issue?
    thanks alot

Change the plugs to start and give it a try. Me personally, for what it cost, I change my oil every season regardless of hrs.

Hi Guys,
    just to inform you that my manufacturer changed my plugs and i went to try the ski today and still gave me the same problems..juttering..took it up again left it at the garage till he fixes the problems..
    i still think it has something got to do with the upgrade seadoo did for me which was changing the timing chain of the engine..feel like selling the ski only 35hrs on the clock and im having this sort of trouble..
    see u

Did u run the ski after they replaced the timing chain?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information