riva rear exhaust

what exactly does this mod do?......will there be any gains from installing this?.....is it something to look into doing?

+1
    Check out this link. I also have a sound clip of what it sounds like.
    http://greenhulk.net/?p=46

What does it do? Makes your ski sound great and the billet exhaust tip looks cool. It may add 100 RPM's to your setup.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    it keeps the neighbors up bright and early so u can go tearin thru the waterways at the crack ass of dawn, lol... as u can see from Jerry's sound clip, she sounds mean and loud compared to stock.

the kit was designed i guess mostly to go in conjunction with Riva's intercooler bc the stock exhaust is int he way if you do that mod... but regardless of whether u get an intercooler or not it may bring your rpms up more which will require a new prop or a repitch depending on your current setup to bring the rpms down just a little... Jerry knows best about this mod tho as most usually tend to go for the rotax stuff and PPGs powerpipe... there's a few people here and there that went the route of drilling thru the hull for the rear exit exhaust... i'd say go check out the rivaforum but that forum is so dead and useless half the time, lol.

Re: riva rear exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by rxpblast
    what exactly does this mod do?......will there be any gains from installing this?.....is it something to look into doing?
    FYI, just a thought.....

If you have a wife that likes the ski, you are better off to leave it alone because more than likely she will not like the ski after.......but then again when it comes to jetskis when do I listen to her!!!!

jerry the sound of this exhaust on your ski is amzing.....just form hearing it i think i may get it........does PPG or anyone else have a better setup? thanks

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    I just have the free flow kit and thats so loud my g/f hates it . Which in turn makes me like it more. She's a pain in the butt when she rides with me, always complaining about rough water and whatnot. Now that my exhaust is loud she rides even less.

One of my favorite mods.

Guys you must also remember that Jerry has had some headwork done...the cam's profile will change the way the stock exhaust will sound, not to mention a thru hull exhaust, so keep that in mind.

I have the Riva Thru Hull on my ski and love it...at idle ->3,100 RPM is sounds really deep especially after the backpressure builds up. But after that to full throttle I personally dont thinks its much louder than the stock exhaust. Just my 2 cents.

Also I didnt see much performance gains on my ski...maybe 50 RPMs .5 MPH, but then again those could have had to do with the weather or the exhaust...

Jay

Thread Information