Testing IC for leaks?

I bought a macsboost intercooler and just wanted to make sure that it was not damaged in shipping (I have had some items damaged from lazy postmen in the past). Has anyone ever had an intercooler leak water inside the unit and hydro lock the engine or is that not possible with these intercoolers? Should I not even bother or is it a good thing to check before it gets installed?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by loudsubz View Post
    I bought a macsboost intercooler and just wanted to make sure that it was not damaged in shipping (I have had some items damaged from lazy postmen in the past). Has anyone ever had an intercooler leak water inside the unit and hydro lock the engine or is that not possible with these intercoolers? Should I not even bother or is it a good thing to check before it gets installed?
    The backyard mechanic way is hook it up to a garden hose on one end and cap off the other. it should not leak.

The intercoolers themselves are pretty tough, I would hate to see the postman after tangling with that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by supermac View Post
    The backyard mechanic way is hook it up to a garden hose on one end and cap off the other. it should not leak.

The intercoolers themselves are pretty tough, I would hate to see the postman after tangling with that lol.
    thanks mac looking forward to getting this thing in

I have.made testing items before for automotive applications I buy or make a plug for both ends and a psi gauge and hose clamps and rubber couplers or hosing and drill hole onto one end and tap a air.nipple and gauge and tighten clamps and pressurize the cooler to w.e spec psi u gonna be running..10-15-20 pounds...that's how I make shure the manufacturer has not failed on quality inspection

+1
    The water pressure will far exceed air pressure. A garden hose will fit right up and be about the right pressure. MACSBOOST test all our units to 60psi.

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    Nice, Good to know !!

Thread Information