2006 rxp sc problems

I have a 2006 rxp that I felt like wasn't hitting top speed as it should and wasn't turning the rpms it should so I pulled the sc to find that the threads on the end of the shaft had been stripped and it wasn't holding the impeller tight. Idk what caused it or who did it because I bought it needing work from a wholesaler. So far I haven't had any luck finding another shaft or another possible upgraded sc needing rebuilt. Any ideas of what to do?

+1
    the greenhulk store has rebuild kits with shafts?

+1

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=763

Or you can buy one in the classifieds...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPblackandgold View Post
    I have a 2006 rxp that I felt like wasn't hitting top speed as it should and wasn't turning the rpms it should so I pulled the sc to find that the threads on the end of the shaft had been stripped and it wasn't holding the impeller tight. Idk what caused it or who did it because I bought it needing work from a wholesaler. So far I haven't had any luck finding another shaft or another possible upgraded sc needing rebuilt. Any ideas of what to do?
    IMO i would upgrade to an X Charger.By the time you by a new rebuild kit,front cover and impeller(cause im sure when it came loose and scored the front cover and wheel) you can get a brand new X charger and have better performance than the 06 Scer..IF you can,post some picks of the wheel and front cover so we can see if it indeed was damaged...

By some miracle there is no damage on the impeller or cover (how? I have no idea). I just had it freshly rebuilt so I didn't want to buy another kit just for the shaft because everything else would be a waste out of the kit. But, nobody I've found so far wants to part with just the shaft; and everyone else is just like me wanting to find an upgrade sc needing rebuilt so as not to have to pay full price so they're few and far between.

+1
    By some miracle there is no damage on the impeller or cover (how? I have no idea). I just had it freshly rebuilt so I didn't want to buy another kit just for the shaft because everything else would be a waste out of the kit. But, nobody I've found so far wants to part with just the shaft; and everyone else is just like me wanting to find an upgrade sc needing rebuilt so as not to have to pay full price so they're few and far between.
    Try eBay. I think I saw some shafts on there. Or pm Jerry

+1
    Your gonna want to get set of bearings also...once you press,unpress and repress them bearings in you could subject them to unwanted stress that could eventually cause bearing failure and that is something you definatly do not want to deal with as it can destroy your Scer,and cause some major engine damage...

Alright. I've had a guy pm me with an extra shaft for sale. Ill check into another kit with new bearings and everything. Thanks guys.

+1
    Alright. I've had a guy pm me with an extra shaft for sale. Ill check into another kit with new bearings and everything. Thanks guys.

unfortionaly this part sucks when it comes to having toys....they are like women,as long as you have one,you will always be spending money on them....lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    unfortionaly this part sucks when it comes to having toys....they are like women,as long as you have one,you will always be spending money on them....lol
    What sucks is having both. Always wanting something lol

Thread Information