Thread: Another MSX140

Another MSX140

So I picked up a second MSX140 yesterday. This one is an 04 in Havasu red, and I'm happy to have two 140s now for the double trailer. This one has 102 hours and is pretty clean. The reverse locking arm #19 http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmot...8335#sch492019 is broken and does not effectively lock the gear assembly or bucket in place. I have not yet ridden it this way, but I would imagine the bucket may have a tendency to drift down into the jet stream. Any experience there?

I have had bad luck ordering OEM parts for the MSX140 because it seems like everything is discontinued. Anyone know where I can get this small part? I am only finding entire reverse assemblies on ebay for more than I'd like to spend.

Also: This one has a bit of noticable sun fading on the nose.....any recommendations for restoring the color? Thanks a lot....pics to come soon!

PC

my friend has a 03 140 msx in that red that was tore up from sun i just took everything off and painted it all with a Metallica red from car and called it a day but before that we attempted everything and i mean everything that a body shop would use or do on a normal and far from normal day

+1
    seams like the red could not take the sun.got the same problem on mine

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    If my fuzzy memory is correct the internal reverse mechanism is very similar on all the _manual reverse_ (non-electric reverse) Virage, Genesis and MSX. The retaining bolt for the handle is done differently on MSX compared to Virage.

See my signature links for some info on repairing the reverse mechanism and an updated part number.

I ended up getting the reverse mechanism on eBay any swapping the locking arms. Works like a champ now.

I have the same red machine also i have compounded and used polish on the machine and it will shine for a while then slowley goes back to a dull finish. The only thing i have not tried yet it is to use a high speed buffer.

Thread Information