Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Jet Ski VS Jet Boat

Hey guys, has anyone ever taken their ski (and what was/is it) vs a jet boat? How did you do?

Friend on the lake just bought a 80's one seater jet boat with a 454 in it. He will race anyone on the water now, lol. I have a Yamaha VXS with the cold air intake and really wondering how this race will go down. Anyone got any stories?

Quote Originally Posted by badd99 View Post
    Hey guys, has anyone ever taken their ski (and what was/is it) vs a jet boat? How did you do?

Friend on the lake just bought a 80's one seater jet boat with a 454 in it. He will race anyone on the water now, lol. I have a Yamaha VXS with the cold air intake and really wondering how this race will go down. Anyone got any stories?
    That would largely depend on that 454 motor. It can be anywhere from 300 hp to over 1000 hp depending on what he's done to it. Those flat bottom bad boys can go well over 100 mph and get there fast. Check out YOUTUBE

I haven not seen it in person yet but I would guess its going to be between 350-450hp by how he talked to me about it. The ones pushing 500+ have some work done to them and I'm pretty sure this one just had the heads bored a bit, but nothing else really major.

+1
    We usually tear them up with our skis because MOST aren't gonna be 100+ boats! Line them up and see what happens!

+1
    From a dead stop, you should rip him up ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    From a dead stop, you should rip him up ...
    I hope so!

Ill be racing him in a week or two! He thinks he will be the fastest out on the lake now...

+1
    be sure and let us know .....my uncle who is a 61 year old kid raced a baja boat and a crown line in the same day and beat them both top end....the baja was not an outlaw and could only muster 70 mph....out of the hole the ski will just dissapear from the baja....I ran a jet boat with my FZR and he whooped the hell out of me...it was a 100 mph plus boat that had a 8-71 huffer on top. I had a great view of it from behind.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    We usually tear them up with our skis because MOST aren't gonna be 100+ boats! Line them up and see what happens!
    +1. I have ran into a couple on a small river here in Missouri and they sound great but you should see their faces when I start pulling away from them 2up on a ski. It's priceless. One day I am sure I will get walked by one that is as fast as it sounds, but haven't yet. I run around 80mph now and if I was not modded or near stock I probably would have lost every time. If you lose just order some more parts. lol

+1
    Jet boats seem to be some of the hardest things on the water to judge- at least for me. I've run into a LOT of them over the years on the mississippi river near Memphis when I rode there. One would come off the trailer with a blown big block sounding wicked as hell and make a crap load of noise and go nowhere. Next one would seem mild and run 80+. Must be differences in hull designs and jet pumps like us and our skis Hope you walk on the boat- good luck!

+1
    Quote of the month "If you lose just order some more parts. lol " Absolutely !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information