Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Raced my buddy's 06 RXP vs my 09 RXPX.

I didn't really seem any faster, take off or top speed, what gives? Mines stock, 22 hours, his, not sure if it's stock, he bought it used like mine, his has 32 hours. Both full fuel tanks, both riders equal weight. I checked my oil level after I got it on the trailer, was over the top bend on the stick, probably need to lower it.

+1
    Well honestly there are so many things which go into the speed of the ski. First off you need to know if he has any mods because that's a big deal. Second of all top speed on both ski's are basically the same in stock form, but your acceleration should have been better but this can be compromised if your wear ring isn't perfect or your impeller has some dings while his doesn't. The only true way to tell is to use a gps. Forgot to ask what RPM were you turning b/c you're oil is overfilled you will loose RPM's.

I saw 7990 to 8100 at times, I seemed slightly faster on top end, and at times I smoked him out of the hole, but I might have got the jump on him. True, there are alot of variables that go into it, just thought I'd be obviously faster accelerating. I knew the top speeds would be close.

+1
    You should be able to holeshot him easy. You need some practice thats all. They both top out at the same top speed stock.

+1
    I never found a px that could holes hot me either... Even ones going mid 70s...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    Sucky pxes then

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    Before or after mods meep?

+1
    These guys just need to learn how to use the VTS system properly. Oncee the X rider learns how to preset the VTS its all over on the hole shot. Clamp the throttle while taping the VTS button twice and the ski will trim to a designated setting for WOT. Both skis stock the X should easilly pull the P out of the hole then its all over due to the speed match. Figure out how to set up the VTS presets and practice just a bit and you'll get him.....

Trim nose way down (play with this setting to find the sweet spot) for take off, preset the lower setting.
    Trim nose way up (same thing, find the sweet spot for WOT), preset the upper setting.
    Practice clamping the throttle for take off on lower setting while double taping the VTS button which will automatically trim the ski to the upper setting while you are gaining speed.

If all is good with the ski it will not cavitate (stock setup).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jhill19 View Post
    Before or after mods meep?
    i had plenty of mods before the PX came out, but yes we both had mods.... i dont see what the fuss is all about on these things, a 87mm nozzle vs an 83mm, lets think about thrust here and what we do to achieve more speed with nozzle sizes.... lets get this argument going cause im sure it will turn into one

ONLY thing ive found better about them is slightly slightly better in chop but a normal P with a 3 blade is very very close

How do u program the trim? I have double taped it and saw its presets, we raced trim set in the middle. I had a pretty well modded 96 XP,so I treated it like it, hung over the handle bars on take off. Are the nozzles different on a RXP vs a PX?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information