Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FZR/FZS/SHO Pumps

any one has changed the oem pumps ,i need your advice about the oem replacement pump ,it will get me more speed :

1-Skat-Trak Magnum Pumps

2-Rotax Racing FZR/FZS/SHO Drive Pump 16 Vanes

+1
    Skat-Trak, 12 vane setback.

+1
    I went with a skat 14 vane set back 160MM all the way though because of price issue. I haven't taken possession of the ski yet but the news is amazing holeshot and top speed so far, Julio...

what is the difference between 12 vane , 14 vane and 16 vane . which is the best for top speed??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by zx270 View Post
    what is the difference between 12 vane , 14 vane and 16 vane . which is the best for top speed??
    The Rotax 16 vein will be the best for top speed.

+1

Not my experience, the RR pump has very good holeshot and acceleration but I would think it would have the lowest top speed of the pumps mentioned. The RR vein design appears to be intended for closed coarse racing.

Are you saying this is the fastest pump? Faster than the Skat 8 vein? Even faster than the OEM pump?

To further confuse things these pumps all come in different sizes, and the size will effect top speed.

Having more veins helps with hook-up, but all things being equal more veins means slower top speed. So Skat 14 vein will have a lower top speed than a Skat 12 vein.

The primary goal of these aftermarket pumps is improved holeshot and acceleration for closed coarse racing. These pumps were not designed to increase top speed.
    Last edited by philip_gpr; 05-03-2012 at 06:32 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post

Not my experience, the RR pump has very good holeshot and acceleration but I would think it would have the lowest top speed of the pumps mentioned. The RR vein design appears to be intended for closed coarse racing.

Are you saying this is the fastest pump? Faster than the Skat 8 vein? Even faster than the OEM pump?

To further confuse things these pumps all come in different sizes, and the size will effect top speed.

Having more veins helps with hook-up, but all things being equal more veins means slower top speed. So Skat 14 vein will have a lower top speed than a Skat 12 vein.

The primary goal of these aftermarket pumps is improved holeshot and acceleration for closed coarse racing.

Jerry and and a few others who have this pump have noted a some MPH increase after installing the pump. Even in in one of his recent PM's to me he said that and I quote " I'm running a rotax racing pump though. That pump is amazing for top speed !" and dean team said it added 4 mph over his stock pump.

+1
    Please call me if you would like to discuss. 905-320-6051 Everything I posted is based on actual first hand experience using same day, same impeller, etc testing. I have spent a lot of time and energy testing different pump, impeller, nozzle, etc configurations.

It is my understanding Deans team was comparing his OEM set-up to his RR set-up. So you had different impellers, different size pumps and different pump cones. This means you are comparing a single Skat impeller designed for the RR pump vs twin impeller developed for the OEM pump. Not really a valid test.

If everything is kept the same, the RR pump design will have the slowest top speed.

If only the RR pump had a 4 mph gain. Then if I removed 4 veins from it that would gain me an extra 1 mph, that would put me at 100 ...

mmmmmmmmmmm am really confused . what i need is to get top speed and the second is to improved holeshot and acceleration . top speed is important how can i get that

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by zx270 View Post
    mmmmmmmmmmm am really confused . what i need is to get top speed and the second is to improved holeshot and acceleration . top speed is important how can i get that
    work on geting your revs to just under maximum at full speed
    then if your still not fast enough add more power and get revs to near maximum again
    you don't want to be on the limiter you want to be just under it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information