Yamaha 760 lacking top end

Hey guys,

I have a 96 Waverunner with the 760 motor. Last year it seem like it fouled a plug so I replaced them both and I still have this issue with top end. It is lacking power on the top end keeps cutting out. Any suggestions please? I have 130 psi in the front and 135 psi in the back cylinder. It fired right up after sitting on the trailer all winter. The first question I would like to ask is what this. What do you consider a baseline for the high and low jet settings? I think it is stock except for the KN air filters. I did buy it used so I am not sure of any other mods right now. I am about to buy another set of plugs just for grins and to try and rule that out. It was running great all summer then all of the sudden the power curve was not all there.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TL2Stroke View Post
    Hey guys,I have a 96 Waverunner with the 760 motor. Last year it seem like it fouled a plug so I replaced them both and I still have this issue with top end. It is lacking power on the top end keeps cutting out. Any suggestions please? I have 130 psi in the front and 135 psi in the back cylinder. It fired right up after sitting on the trailer all winter. The first question I would like to ask is what this. What do you consider a baseline for the high and low jet settings? I think it is stock except for the KN air filters. I did buy it used so I am not sure of any other mods right now. I am about to buy another set of plugs just for grins and to try and rule that out. It was running great all summer then all of the sudden the power curve was not all there.Thanks.
    Put the stock air box back on.

Thread Information