Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Primary Language: Sarcasm Pony Racer's Avatar
    +1

lets talk about acceleration

had a long discussion with a friend, over the weekend,
    we both came to the same conclusion about acceleration/wake/wave jumping on our ski's

we really have no desire to do 75+mph on the water, if its a side effect of what im asking, no big deal its not our goal,
    i know alot of guys on here love squeek out every .1mph..
    that is not me.. i dont want to spend 1000's of dollars/ and countless hours just to eek out another .5 mph,
    I love the lowerend of the specturm, low speed spins/slides and "bumping" the throttle and have it leap out on its own..
    I come from sport bikes and sports cars, i've raced 1/4 mile drag since i've had my lincese..

so what i want it to do is almost leap out of the water on its own, and be able to take out just about anything up to 70mph.. as thats where my GPS limter will kick in,
    a SCOM isnt worth the money, (considering a tune gives that and ALOT more for 600-750 ( depends on if i have another friend map it or if i send it in))

so what can be done,
    right now money is REALLY tight.. looking to cap around $400 or so..

i was thinking maybe an intake grate or maybe a impeller 15/22r ( now that i learned how easy they come out )
    also i kinda want to keep the stock air box, incase the ski "capsizes" for what ever reason..
    i just want more accereation without being on the RPM limiter (ie. depitching), at some point i will probably drop the 8350 tune in it..
    but for now i just want it to have some more low end hit and make it "leap" a little easier..

need some help.. For My 2011 RXT-X

So basically you want hole shot-Drag racing roots showing through. I grew up the same as you did so I understand.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? RXPX's Avatar
    They are already built with a big emphasis on hole shot. I wouldn't touch your impeller, I'd be looking more to get some added performance from your SC.

But as money is tight you could do a power filter, 4" kanaflex with SC bracket and oil catch can for under $400. Mount the filter correctly and it will be even safer than the airbox in a capsize event.

That will give you a little bit more all round with a tiny improvement on fuel consumption and a gutsier takeoff.

Experiment with trim to. trim down as far as possible for quicker launch.

+1
    Big nozzle duel prop.

+1
    +1, bigger nozzle, the bigger prop you get the more top end you'll have not acceleration... Possibly a duo-prop, not sure as of he cost of them though

Quote Originally Posted by geowelsh View Post
    +1, bigger nozzle, the bigger prop you get the more top end you'll have not acceleration... Possibly a duo-prop, not sure as of he cost of them though
    SC just gives you the biggest hang on for your life change,
    you will need 42 lb injectors to go along with it, about 1,000 bucks
    Last edited by trapperjack1; 05-04-2012 at 04:16 PM.

+1
    I'll chime in - here's my suggestions:

1. You have a 83mm venturi nozzle, get a 2010 T-X 87mm nozzle - there is no easier mod for much better acceleration!

2. You will need to re-pitch your current impeller with the 87mm nozzle - send it to Erik at www.speedfreeksracing.com and you'll be very happy.

3. Get rid of the stock air-box - HUGELY restrictive - the 4" kanaflex setup we are talking about works great in all conditions.

4. Get the new Closed Course R&D grate for the T-X http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=863

5. Later with time and $$$, then think about a V-Tech re-flash and SC mods............

+1
    thanks, for the replies, some of which are a little more money than i have on-hand,
    i have recieved a couple of PM's as well.. and talked on the phone to someone (i'm not going to name names but is a dealer on here) he convinced me on the steps i should take..

(seeing i'm still learning) i decided to do just and intake grate ( for now ) see if that will give me a little more of what im looking for.

next will be a impeller, then when money isn't a concern a reprogram and air intake.. after that i'll probably be done..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nick072010 View Post
    So basically you want hole shot-Drag racing roots showing through. I grew up the same as you did so I understand.
    all about off the line!!! you know that "you cant grab that $100 bill i stuck to the windshield.." feeling

baby steps.. one small thing at a time..

Are you in sport mode? If you are in touring mode switching to sport mode will give you all the hole shot you need to jump waves.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information