Page 1 of 109 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    +1

Arrow Green Hulks GPRXP

I feel a bit guilty about something. I used to enjoy posting what i had going on with my skis and sharing the things im doing, but it seems lately i have been so wrapped up with other things that i have been neglecting to post here.

So, i'll start with the latest news. As most of you know i just recently sold Carey's ski. This ski has been an excellent test bed for me over the past year and it was a monster when i was finally done. Consistant high 81 mph numbers with peaks of 82 were the norm. I wish you guys could have seen the look on the buyers face when i took him out on it. It was priceless.

My ski, "The Green Hulk" has been down for a while waiting on a new custom built 2 piece coupled driveshaft. This is a shaft much like the one Rotax Racing produces, but i had a custom tailpiece made that will work with the stock pump. Daniel has just finnished up and i should have everything in my hands by the end of the week

Nils has my engine at his shop and he is fitting it with lower 7.9:1 compression pistons and is mocking up a Garrett turbo kit for it. He has convinced me to ditch the RR EMS system im using and go with a Motec EMS. The plan is to fit the engine to his dyno and break the engine in on the dyno and get it all mapped out and ready to go. We talked last night about adding electronic boost control so i can easily adjust the boost up and down. It should be a monster and im really excited about getting everything together for it. This is a hint Nils.... time to get busy!

Right now im also building another engine. I have a brand new short block that im going to be putting a Franco Dettori head on. I saw this head on display in Mark's booth at the World Finals and fell in love with it. It's CNC ported in the intake ports and the valves are 10 grams lighter than stock.
    This is the same head that Zapata and Bosio run on their 320+ HP monsters. Franco doesn't port the exhaust side as he told me the head makes enough power as is, but Mark talked me into letting him port the exhaust before he sends the head out to me. I should have this head soon. Right Mark? This engine will be boosted with one of the new Rude Chargers and will be controlled with my Rotax Racing EMS system that i currently use in the Green Hulk.

Until i get my turbo engine from Nils this engine will temporarily be placed in my RXP. It will be interesting to see how it runs with this head VS the big valve ported head i was running before.

So you ask what ski will i be putting this engine in after i get the turbo engine back? Guess you will have to stick around and find out

+1
    Here are a couple of pics of my 2 piece driveshaft.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	14757   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	14758  

+1
    The driveshaft looks awesome. Did you ever look into the Rotax Racing pump?

+1
    Awesome Job Hulk . Cant wait to hear the result of finished products. You keep going like this and you will have to put some trim tabs on ski .

Turbo HUM? What about lag in it ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bling bling View Post
    Turbo HUM? What about lag in it ?
    Do a search on the Havasu drag races between JD1 and the Les Cooke ski.
    I beleive it was a turbo and it was fast.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATADDICT View Post
    Do a search on the Havasu drag races between JD1 and the Les Cooke ski.
    I beleive it was a turbo and it was fast.
    Cool . Anyinfo on how a turbo spins up vs sc . Still as quick on take off . Do you have to make slip . Going to find the turbo havasu

+1
    You've been busy.......Can't wait to see/hear the next ski
    will it be ready by MB3 ?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I feel a bit guilty about something. I used to enjoy posting what i had going on with my skis and sharing the things im doing, but it seems lately i have been so wrapped up with other things that i have been neglecting to post here.

So, i'll start with the latest news. As most of you know i just recently sold Carey's ski. This ski has been an excellent test bed for me over the past year and it was a monster when i was finally done. Consistant high 81 mph numbers with peaks of 82 were the norm. I wish you guys could have seen the look on the buyers face when i took him out on it. It was priceless.

My ski, "The Green Hulk" has been down for a while waiting on a new custom built 2 piece coupled driveshaft. This is a shaft much like the one Rotax Racing produces, but i had a custom tailpiece made that will work with the stock pump. Daniel has just finnished up and i should have everything in my hands by the end of the week

Nils has my engine at his shop and he is fitting it with lower 7.9:1 compression pistons and is mocking up a Garrett turbo kit for it. He has convinced me to ditch the RR EMS system im using and go with a Motec EMS. The plan is to fit the engine to his dyno and break the engine in on the dyno and get it all mapped out and ready to go. We talked last night about adding electronic boost control so i can easily adjust the boost up and down. It should be a monster and im really excited about getting everything together for it. This is a hint Nils.... time to get busy!

Right now im also building another engine. I have a brand new short block that im going to be putting a Franco Dettori head on. I saw this head on display in Mark's booth at the World Finals and fell in love with it. It's CNC ported in the intake ports and the valves are 10 grams lighter than stock.
    This is the same head that Zapata and Bosio run on their 320+ HP monsters. Franco doesn't port the exhaust side as he told me the head makes enough power as is, but Mark talked me into letting him port the exhaust before he sends the head out to me. I should have this head soon. Right Mark? This engine will be boosted with one of the new Rude Chargers and will be controlled with my Rotax Racing EMS system that i currently use in the Green Hulk.

Until i get my turbo engine from Nils this engine will temporarily be placed in my RXP. It will be interesting to see how it runs with this head VS the big valve ported head i was running before.

So you ask what ski will i be putting this engine in after i get the turbo engine back? Guess you will have to stick around and find out

Good thing you are not a woman, because you are such a TEEZ!

+1
    THE HULK IS BACK . Man i been missing these threads

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    will it be ready by MB3 ?
    I sure hope so

Page 1 of 109 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information