Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Kawasaki Performance Forum . . .

It does seem to me that lately the Kawasaki Forum here has been discouraging many Posts which pertain to constructive criticism about the Ultra, particulary the 300. Over the last number of months many frequent KAW members here have asked me / been curious as to my yamaha experiences and how they relate to my many years on the Ultra product (250 / 260 / 300). I have been happy to oblige those people with "Facts" as I saw them. But it does seem that most people on the KAW Forum only want to hear about what is "good" about the Ultra (and as I have said many times the Ultra does have its fine qualities).

I would further say that a Forum which discourages input from "all" sides and opinions really isn't a Forum at all. On the Yamaha Forum, I have learned many things about the Yamaha's, both good and bad. But the point is, it's truly an "Open Forum" with many contributors and many opinions. In my opionion, this is not present on the Kawasaki Forum. For these reasons, I will not be Posting on the Kawasaki Forum anymore. This is my last Post here. I have made some friends on this side; you know where to find me . . . .

On a personal note, I do wish you all well. Enjoy and always ride safe. JB

+1
    I can understand your point. The 300x is my first ski and I was surprised at some of the maint "unknowns" but that goes for almost any supercharged ski.

As for this forum I disagree with your position. Anytime I have had questions or input it has been welcomed and provided me with good insight (my idea of what a forum should be).

Thanks to all the GH moderators and members who continue to contribute information to this sport -- sorry you feel that way john but couldn't disagree more

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    It does seem to me that lately the Kawasaki Forum here has been discouraging many Posts which pertain to constructive criticism about the Ultra, particulary the 300. Over the last number of months many frequent KAW members here have asked me / been curious as to my yamaha experiences and how they relate to my many years on the Ultra product (250 / 260 / 300). I have been happy to oblige those people with "Facts" as I saw them. But it does seem that most people on the KAW Forum only want to hear about what is "good" about the Ultra (and as I have said many times the Ultra does have its fine qualities).

I would further say that a Forum which discourages input from "all" sides and opinions really isn't a Forum at all. On the Yamaha Forum, I have learned many things about the Yamaha's, both good and bad. But the point is, it's truly an "Open Forum" with many contributors and many opinions. In my opionion, this is not present on the Kawasaki Forum. For these reasons, I will not be Posting on the Kawasaki Forum anymore. This is my last Post here. I have made some friends on this side; you know where to find me . . . .

John, I read the post you put up that got deleted almost straight away.
    It doesn't surprise me, that it was deleted.
    I don't feel you were attacking the K brand. But i did feel it would start a free for all.
    You were only pointing out the obvious, but I feel everyone allready new, and members are sick of reading about that subject.
    There is no need for you to stay away from the K side , as you know alot about the product.
    Personally learning the difference between the 2 x brands is good reading for me.
    I think K has some die hard riders whom will defend the brand till they die.
    which can be a good thing.
    Cheers Brett.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post

John from what I hear you are an awesome offshore rider with many hours under your belt and for that matter on the Ultra platform but lets be serious here by starting a thread comparing your new yamaha to the ultra and posting the issues that you feel pushed you away from the brand only adds bashing and fuel to the fire..Unfourtunately the kawi forum is full of members that like to bash and add absolutely nothing constructive unlike the Seadoo and Yamaha forum and because of that your thread and your input got deleted.. Im sure if we do the same on the yamaha forum there will be the same outcome . All we hear on the Kawi forum is about problems that we are aware of over and over and for anyone to start the same thread along with why they choose to ride a different brand it will only end in a fight, bashing and clowns ... What people fail to understand is that it does not matter what your ride, kawasaki yamaha or seadoo in the end is all about what makes you happy and what brings a smile to your face.. Kawasaki is not paying me to ride their brand and for that matter in my fleet I also have a 2011 SHO..I hope the Kawi forum does get better and we can start sharing good and bads without the bashing and criticism.

+1
    Great... we lose the input of one of the most valuable forum members because of what? Brand loyalty? The fear that others may, God forbid "bash" Kawasaki? Sad, sad day... I can only hope that John will change his mind.

I personally didn't see his post... but I for one would have no fear of the "war" that it may have created. In fact, I would gladly go to war to defend his opinion...

What I do fear is that we have discouraged the participation of a legend on this forum... and for that we should all be very ashamed.

JB: Please accept my sincerest apology...

+1
    What's really the point of having a forum if you can't post your opinions. I don't get it, and I know that I'm new, but I also don't understand some of the folks on here. On the SeaDoo side, I have learned a TON, and people have been helpful & friendly, but when I go to the Kawi side & read the posts, if anything negative at all is said, the people just flip out. I responded to a post yesterday about "Seadoo engines being crap" or something like that, and I think it got deleted. Are we in Russia? We can't post our opinions on a forum? Sounds like a big bowl of steaming crap to me. And I was actually thinking about getting an Ultra to ride in the rough along with my Seadoo, but now I just don't know.

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Can you point me to a "good" thread??

I get sick of reading people whinging about small issues and then saying Kawasaki is crap.

No offence to JB, but the last few weeks (months) all I've read is the same complaints (octane requirements etc). Some people can get high octane easy (even on the water) it's not an issue.

My theory is that most Kawi owners are out riding their reliable ski not on forums talking about supercharger rebuilds or handling improvements. That could just be me though.

I think people here just get sick of whingers and then people that jump in with a "see I told you it was crap" post. Those people hardly ever (from my reading) actually offer any useful advice.

That's my 2c

I now just read posts on the KAWI side, and usually don't post anymore. You really can't compare to, or say anything negative about the Ultras without people freaking out. I currently own all 3 brands, and really have no brand loyalty whatsoever, so it is funny to me that people are so defensive.

It is unfortunate that people don't feel free that they can share any problems that they might have their Ultras. The only way to come up with solutions and improvements is to discuss the issues that people have with their machines.

As more and more people refrain from posting in this section it will continue to lose relevance as a resource and will just become a place a few kawi owners can hang out and talk about how great their 300's are.

I will take what I learned from some of those "negative" posts (tighten the steering, replace hoses, avoid the washer mod, etc.), and hope that I don't have any new issues. As far as JB, I am just glad i'll still be able to learn a thing or two from him on the Yammi side.

btw, it is ironic that this thread was moved to the open forum where there is less traffic, and is less likely to result in a constructive dialogue that may have improved the performance section, as was intended.

Makes perfect sense that this thread was moved to the open discussion, because that is ecxactly what this thread is, and has absolutely nothing to do with 4-stroke performance.

I'm going to pre-face my post by saying that J.B. has absolutely no agenda when it comes to these forums.

Being an owner of both a FZS and a 300 I have can give honest and truthful opinions about both.

The problem we have here is we are sick of Yamaha owners constantly trying to bash the kawi on every single issue that may come up. We all know they guzzle gas, we all know they require 91 octane, we all know the exhaust filter may cause a problem, we know some skis have excessive play in the steering, we all know the prop may be lose from the factory, we all know they lean to the left, we all know they only do 62 stock time to give it a break. You dont see sea-donkey owners in the kawi forum always trying to justify why sea-donkeys are better than kawi's and why kawi's are such crap.

This constant bickering has been going on for 5 years since 2007 when the ultra 250 first came out and dominated offshore riding. Yamaha owners still haven't gotten over it.

If you love your yamaha good for you, if you love your kawi, fine. I happen to think the FZS is slow for a 1.8 liter, the acceleration is anemic, the hull feels like your riding on a potato chip, the gauges suck, it doesn't handle the rough water very well at all, the only thing the yamaha has going for it over the kawi is that is uses 87 octane. If kawi built a 2.0L running 10 lbs of boost and 350hp that used 87 and got 5 mpg the yamaha cry babies would still try and find issues with it. time to let it go, yamaha builds an inferior ski to the kawi in both perofrmance, handling and rough water domination.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information