Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Just bought 08' RXP-X - $1200 for Mods.... RXP-X Experts please help!

I have searched and searched and here's what I am coming up with. I have about $1,200 to spend on modifications for my newly acquired 08' RXP-X. I live in the Dallas area and my riding consists of everything from smooth rivers to choppy lakes. I enjoy hard acceleration and high speed runs on calm water the most. I understand the importance of choosing the right "combination" of parts and so I am depending upon you guys to please guide me in the right direction. I am ready to pull the trigger and would like some thoughts on the following mod's list:

Riva Pro Series Opas Block Offs
    Fizzle 4" Intake
    Fizzle Catch Can
    Solas 15/22R Impeller
    Riva Free Flow Exhaust Kit
    R&D Intake Grate

Am I leaving anything out? If anyone has a suggestion/recommendation other than what's listed then please chime in. I will also be installing new plugs, wear ring, etc. The ski has 49 hours on it. The ski went 67.5 this weekend stock but I am only turning 7860 rpms. Weather was 85 degrees and water temp was mid 70's. The impeller appears to be slightly damaged and I need to check the oil level on the ski as this could also be a source of the missing rpm's.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer. Much appreciated --

Andrew

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? RXPX's Avatar
    Looks like a good start to me.

If you like carving sharp turns I'd get the Riva sponsons, they completely changed the handling of my 08 TX and they are adjustable with 3 levels of turn bite to experiment with.

U have to realize that by spending $900 on a V-Tech hand held tuner you can unlock about twice as much top speed again as all those mods put together with no tune.

Also my priority would be a R&D intake grate before the more expensive ride plate.

Careful not to hold WOT for too long periods unless you get a rising rate fuel pressure regulator (RRFPR) because it will run even leaner up top with your bigger air intake and this can eventually lead to a nasty BOOM from under the seat.

Oh and you really should have your impeller re-pitched if you're going to put a deeper one on.

Reduction nozzles are cheap as chips, easy to install and will give you a tiny bit more power all round as well.

Hope that helps, there are much more knowledgeable members on here so hopefully more will pitch it with some advice.

Good luck

Oh, and be aware that the free flow exhaust makes having conversations with other riders very difficult even at idle.

And 3000-3500 RPM (no wake zone revs) are noisy as all hell which can get annoying if you go through a lot of them but the sound overall is beautiful I think.

+1
    With my 09 rxp-x I am doing about 73 mph with these mods...
    Ripper

I need to try my 15/22R prop yet and fill the holes on the ride plate...
    Best mod I did was the R&D intake (gave me about 3 mph right away!) don't get the closed course one!

I edited my list - I initially had "R&D Ride Plate" but I meant to say R&D Intake Grate. Thanks for the feedback so far fellas.

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    id go with a 4" intake, r&d intake grate and vtech reflash. should be around $1200 for everything and this will net the best results. youll also be able to retune as you mod later on if you buy the handheld tuner. gL

If I went with a handheld tuner isn't a new impeller going to be necessary with the increased power? If not I'd be increasing the rev limiter to the point I might need to think about upgrading the valvetrain?

V-Tech can make individual tunes for whatever mods and rev limits you want. Go to 8300-8350 RPM and you shouldn't need to upgrade the valve train. The intake grate and 4" air should get you turning 8300 on the stock impeller and you won't lose any hole shot :yay2:

Thanks for the suggestions. I ordered a few of the items today - the R&D grate and the Fizzle intake are on the way. I needed a new impeller so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Solas 15/22R. Now I'm just excited and can't wait to get these items on. The V-Tech looks awesome. After these basic bolt-ons are done that will for sure be next on the list.

if you care more about handling and acceleration, get the R&D closed course grate. it handles and hooks up WAY better than the standard R&D grate. the regular R&D grate rides like pure shit compared to the closed course. i am running 73mph on mine and no signs of buck at all.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information