96 speedster 4 stroke swap opions needed

Hey guys,
    I got a 96 seadoo speedster last fall for free from my neighbors at my vacation home. It was sitting for 3 years because they have two other boats and stopped using this one. I was ably to get it started but it ran real bad. When I opened up the cards two weeks ago I could see why. I was thinking about rebuilding the two engines befor the season because I dont want to deal with a head ache all summer long. I was also thinking instead of rebuilding them to swap them out for two 4 stroke engines. The only engine that is cheap enough and small enough that I could think of would be a mazda 13B. Does anyone know of a cheap 4 stroke engine conversion that I would be able to fit into this boat. Thanks a lot for the help in advance.

+1
    Just because the carbs are dirty does not mean the engines are bad. Do a compression check first. Get some rebuild kits for the carbs and change out all fuel lines, fuel selector valves if it has one and drain the gas tank and clean it out as well. Changing to a 4 stroke motor is not easy- engine mounts, electronics, coolant heat exchanger in the ride plate ect. ect. is not really possible.

+1

Only if you really like this boat

Quote Originally Posted by ManOverBoard21 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I got a 96 seadoo speedster last fall for free from my neighbors at my vacation home. It was sitting for 3 years because they have two other boats and stopped using this one. I was ably to get it started but it ran real bad. When I opened up the cards two weeks ago I could see why. I was thinking about rebuilding the two engines befor the season because I dont want to deal with a head ache all summer long. I was also thinking instead of rebuilding them to swap them out for two 4 stroke engines. The only engine that is cheap enough and small enough that I could think of would be a mazda 13B. Does anyone know of a cheap 4 stroke engine conversion that I would be able to fit into this boat. Thanks a lot for the help in advance.
    What you're referring to takes a COLLOSAL amount of work. Google my thread Challenger 4tec Upgrade to see what I mean. I'm putting a seadoo 4tec into a 97 Challenger. This engine is already marinized, so some of the trouble is taken out. But there is a huge amount of other stuff you have to do to make things work. Just get those carbs fixed unless you're looking for a long project. It is a fun and rewarding project, and you'll have one fun boat, but it's much easier to just fix the carbs lol

Thread Information