Cool Bone Stock 1200R- where to start??

I recently picked up an 01 1200R with 50hrs and was completely stock except for the Wave eater clips. I already did the D-plate, and have a head for it not yet installed. It cavitates like no ones business, but that's due to the gaskets having been sucked out- which i'm going to remedy ASAP. It seems to have plenty of power and pull- as long as i an feather it through the cavitation. I'm picking up the R & D two bar grate, and have my dad's tweaked ride plate. (not sure what the entails)- i was running about 61-62 last weekend with the d plate installed and the gaskets missing, but was just testing. What are your recommendations for as much speed as i can get out of it with the least cost to get some decent speed for this summer, before a Big Bore over the winter? any info and ideas would be GREAT! thanks! also, what kind of speeds are we looking at?!

+1
    So, you have the slowest, but prettiest, GRP, in the family? I think we can work on that. I think you should be able to get that boat to 67 or 68mph with the things you have mentioned and some fine tuning, maybe a bit more. Competition sure is fun, huh!!

+1
    Read the stickys at the top of the forum..good info there. And get your wood screws, cause I'm gonna blow your doors clean off!!!
    HFATTM

Bohica!
    Last edited by yamahaulass; 05-05-2012 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Bohica!!

Oh- and also cmg- I don't like the way he drives, if he comes near me, I'm gonna put him in the wall.... Simple as that

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahaulass View Post
    Oh- and also cmg- I don't like the way he drives, if he comes near me, I'm gonna put him in the wall.... Simple as that
    Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next: not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies and certainly not on a LAKE with 40 other infantile egomaniacs.

+1
    LT1 to both of us if we keep this up.....

If you two wanna turn yourselves into a greasy sheen on some empty lake somewhere, go right ahead. I don't give a sh*t and I don't think anybody else does, regardless what they say to your face. But you two monkeys are not going to do it on my lake. Now y'all heard of a "Japanese Inspection?" Japanese Inpsection, you see, when the Japs get in a load of lettuce they're not sure they wanna let in the country, why they'll just let it sit there on the dock 'til they get good and ready to look at. But then of course, it's all gone rotten... ain't nothing left to inspect. You see, lettuce is a perishable item... like you two monkeys. You spray each other one more time, even a drop of water, I'm gonna Black Flag the two of you, and take apart your skis for the entire summer. Then, if you pass inspection and you put your skis back together, I might let you back onto the water. Now, just to show there's no hard feelings we're all gonna go out to dinner together.

Quote Originally Posted by cmgww View Post
    Read the stickys at the top of the forum..good info there. And get your wood screws, cause I'm gonna blow your doors clean off!!!
    HFATTM
    Just an update... ended the season with a top speed of 69.8 which isn't bad for a mostly stock ski. But even better news is that I now have 5 months to prepare for next season!! Plenty of time, No Rushing to get to the lake due to the Indiana winters..- besides, I think a little Beast Mode will be good for the soul See you out there CMG... MUAHHhahahahaha.....

Thread Information