New guy with a RXP let's talk first mods.

New to the ski word, been boating for years and finally pulled the trigger on a RXP. Bone stock 04 RXP 82 hours on it, the SC is coming off asap and going to Jerry for a full rebuild. Read the "sticky" great understanding for the first mods.

Thanks in advance!

+1
    Riva intake grate if you ride flat water, then I'd do a 4 inch intake

Welcome to the forum. Check out the thread in the stickies. "New members wanting to modify there skis".

I looked through the sticky's but didn't see it, will go back and check it out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by "NO SHOW" View Post
    I looked through the sticky's but didn't see it, will go back and check it out.
    It can be found here ---> http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16773

Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Thanks, I went back and looked earlier and found it, even edited my first post.

Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Hey "NO SHOW", congrats on your purchase and for joining greenhulk.

First mods???......umm, get an RRFPR!

(inside joke)

+1
    The first thing that I did was the Riva Finger Throttle / Bar Extension Kit. Much better control and more comfortable handling. Then I went with the grate because if it doesn't handle well, it doesn't matter how fast you are going. I would recommend the pump shoe insert and grate girdle kit if you are switching out your grate. From that point, start with the components from a stage 1 kit and go as far as your wallet will take you!

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=304

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    Hey "NO SHOW", congrats on your purchase and for joining greenhulk.

First mods???......umm, get an RRFPR!

(inside joke)
    Killing me smalls!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikesfan View Post
    The first thing that I did was the Riva Finger Throttle / Bar Extension Kit. Much better control and more comfortable handling.
    You know it's funny, we always had the thumb throttles on the RXT's and I hated them; always wanted the finger throttles but never got them. Then we got the FZ's and of course they ship with finger throttles, but after using them both for many hours I am convinced the thumb throttle feels like a much safer design. I have hit some big waves and almost come off both the Sea-Doo and the Yamaha once or twice, but if you lose your balance at high speed with the finger throttle it's easy to get into a "lock-down" where you can't release the throttle without releasing your grip on the front of the handle; for me the thumb throttle feels much safer because you can release the throttle without loosening your grip on the front of the handle. I've gotten used to it now, but I would never buy a finger throttle for the way I ride. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    ... but after using them both for many hours I am convinced the thumb throttle feels like a much safer design.....you can't release the throttle without releasing your grip on the front of the handle; for me the thumb throttle feels much safer because you can release the throttle without loosening your grip on the front of the handle. I've gotten used to it now, but I would never buy a finger throttle for the way I ride. Just my 2 cents.
    Wow, I can't believe I'm actually seeing someone else with that opinion. Everyone is so cranked up on finger throttles and I just don't get why.
    I couldn't agree more....I gotta have my 4-finger white knuckle grip over the front of the handle. I can release the throttle and still have solid grip if I'm getting squirly.

Thread Information