Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    I suffer from waverunneritis!!!! PWCManiac's Avatar

'07 KAWA-Ultra LX (Opinion's please)

ALright guys I have a friend that is looking into purchasing the Ultra LX this weekend. His budget is tight & he can't get the 250 so what is your opinion on these Ultra LX's. All opinions count.

Thanks everyone!

go ahead & get the LX if thats what he can afford!!!!

+1
    Should be outstanding range. 50mph craft. Lots of storage, and probably a decent tow vehicle. I would imagine being normally aspirated, that the reliability will be high.

In the future if he wants to upgrade, there are a ton of 15F parts that should bolt right on.

Well, I can tell u that it's gonna be his first ski. he ha sno idea what jet skis area all about. He will most likely leave this ski 100% stock unless he provides me with the $$$ & I research, purchase & install the parts for him. He's fallen in love with the sport since he rode my Waverunner. He's got a cruiser bike that he wants to trade in at the dealer that he purchased it & to get a good deal, they are offering him that Ultra LX

Quote Originally Posted by hydrotoys View Post
    Should be outstanding range. 50mph craft. Lots of storage, and probably a decent tow vehicle. I would imagine being normally aspirated, that the reliability will be high.

In the future if he wants to upgrade, there are a ton of 15F parts that should bolt right on.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    the 15F vs Ultra LX are the same engine, same HP....

different is hull, weight, options... only a few hundred bucks difference

15F is cheaper.... more nimble, faster acceleration and faster top speed...

the LX will probably be better in the rough stuff.... the 15F will probably handle better and turn more aggressively fun

+1
    For the $300 difference in price between the Ultra LX and the 15-F, the choice would be a no brainer UMO. You get so much more ski (boat?) with the LX. While it will not be as fast, 52-54mph, it is still 2007/engineering/features compared to a hull that dates back to the 90's.
    One guy from Orlando recently purchased an LX through our buyers group and has been posting about his rides on PWCToday.com in the Kawi section. He seems very pleased with it. Check it out. He even posted a short video of it.

Richard

Thanx guys, I apreciate ur help. Now I can give him some input.

Quote Originally Posted by way2fast View Post
    For the $300 difference in price between the Ultra LX and the 15-F, the choice would be a no brainer UMO. You get so much more ski (boat?) with the LX. While it will not be as fast, 52-54mph, it is still 2007/engineering/features compared to a hull that dates back to the 90's.
    One guy from Orlando recently purchased an LX through our buyers group and has been posting about his rides on PWCToday.com in the Kawi section. He seems very pleased with it. Check it out. He even posted a short video of it.

Richard

I totally agree with Richard on this one. It is a no brainer, a lot more ski for only 300 dollars more. The local dealer here says he is not ordering any 15f unless he has it sold.

Now the guy wants a YAMAHA 1300R... He want's speed now he sais. So I don't know what on earth to do with him. He's a good buddy with one hell of an indesicive mind. At first he wanted a Yamaha, then SeaDoo, then he said a Kawasaki because he's gonna trade in his bike, now he tells me he might go with Yamaha... I leave this one up to him. Thanks guys... I have to admit, everyone here has made me raise an eyebrow looking at this massive Ultra 250. I'm a YAMAHA fan however I do know a sick ski when I see one & let me tell you, Kawasaki needs to take back the throne that it rightfully deserves as the originator of the sport. Go KAWA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhorne1053 View Post
    I totally agree with Richard on this one. It is a no brainer, a lot more ski for only 300 dollars more. The local dealer here says he is not ordering any 15f unless he has it sold.

why not let him purchase what he likes.. he is going to ride it, right?
    Last edited by Fast1; 01-19-2007 at 06:33 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information