Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Most hours on S/C skis

Hello.
    I have the itch for a new ski.
    Trying to hold out a little longer since mine runs great ,but I may pull the trigger sooner than later.

Mostly interested in a new RXPX, RXTX ,and the RXT260.

Is there anyone with a S/C Doo pushing 300 plus hours with minimal problems?
    Thanks for the feedback.

+1
    Two '06 RXTs; nearing 250 hours on each. The speedo wheel/axle crapped out on both about 75 hrs. ago. And I've had to replace the MPEM fuse covers - I guess the engine bay heat has cooked the little plastic snap-locks off over time. I've had the SCs rebuilt every 125 hrs. (I'm mostly a flat water rider). Changed the oil/filter/s-plugs once a year in each. I'm down in compression on #1 cyl. on one ski but it still runs decent (63) and the other is still hitting near 66. Both are in stock form. Bought 'em both at the same time; one had 9hrs., the other 0.

+1
    I'm sure there are people with that many hrs on here. Ive got 197 on mine right now. As long as you keep up with mainteinance and preventive mainteinance (sc rebuilds) you should be fine

Yeah my biggest concern is the S/C and most of my riding is in extreme chop. I try to let off when it comes unhooked ,but that doesn't always happen.

+1
    I've got 235 hours on one of my 2008 RXT's. Almost entirely in chop. Haven't had a single problem yet. I change the oil every 30 hours, rebuild the SC's every 80 hours, wash the engine bay regularly, rebuild the pump every 100 hours, and replace the wear ring every 50 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
    I've got 235 hours on one of my 2008 RXT's. Almost entirely in chop. Haven't had a single problem yet. I change the oil every 30 hours, rebuild the SC's every 80 hours, wash the engine bay regularly, rebuild the pump every 100 hours, and replace the wear ring every 50 hours.
    Is all all that speced in the manual at those hours or are you just doing it to be ahead of the game? I know you're ahead of scedule with the s/c but what about the wear ring and pump rebuilds? I have never touched any of that on my Honda.

Good to see yours running well at 235 hours.

+1
    235 hrs on my 87mph 06 rxp. Been heavily modded since 100hrs. Still tight but planning on freshening it up after this season if it makes it. LOL If taken care of in close to stock form 500+ hrs shouldnt be an issue.

+1
    329 hours today.. Normal maintenance, pretty much like TheEngineer and then some.. Runs great, really hoping to see well over 500 hours at the rate I'm going, the ski still looks brand new

Glad to hear they are holding up!
    I'm very careful when in shallow water and in general with the ski to make sure I don't suck anything up.
    Is it necessary to rebuild the pump every 100 hours, and replace the wear ring every 50 hours?

+1
    You'll know when each are going bad.. I would inspect the wear ring for grooves every once in a while and while youre back there or if you take the pump out to do so, pull the pump nose cone off and check and make sure the grease is good and no water intrusion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information