Cool Skat Trak, HO, or Sea Doo for a 215/255 conversion?

Just looking for some opinions on the best pump to spin. I ran my conversion last year with the stock HO pump. I was wondering if anyone had back to back comparisons between the HO pump, Skat Trak, and Sea Doo pump on a GPRXP?

I have a stock HO, a stock non-ho yamaha (shorty), and a 12 vein skat trak. I am intending on running a dynafly on any of the pumps (I have a 13/19, a 14/20, and a 14/24).

I also will be upgrading to an X-charger with a mini-rude at some point this season (getting the parts together now). Would that change recommendations?

Just looking for some useful data from people who have actually tried more than one of the pumps on a conversion ski.

Thanks you!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by o uncola o View Post
    Just looking for some opinions on the best pump to spin. I ran my conversion last year with the stock HO pump. I was wondering if anyone had back to back comparisons between the HO pump, Skat Trak, and Sea Doo pump on a GPRXP?

I have a stock HO, a stock non-ho yamaha (shorty), and a 12 vein skat trak. I am intending on running a dynafly on any of the pumps (I have a 13/19, a 14/20, and a 14/24).

I also will be upgrading to an X-charger with a mini-rude at some point this season (getting the parts together now). Would that change recommendations?

Just looking for some useful data from people who have actually tried more than one of the pumps on a conversion ski.

Thanks you!

Ive ran a Skat 14v set back, Ho, and A doo pump. The skat had a great hole shot but the top end was the slowest out of the 3. It also stayed dead hooked in chop with the Skat. The HO pump was 2-3 mph faster on the top end than the Skat but had a terrible hole shot and sucked in anything more than 6 inch chop. The Doo pump all in all was the best all around pump for me. The hole shot is wicked, the hook up in chop isnt as good as the skat was but its more than acceptable. I cant give you a true comparison on top speed as I went from an X charger to an et140 when I put the doo pump on but I also run my nozzle at 0 degrees and my ski runs 89-90 all day long. If I had it to do all over again I would go straight for the Doo pump and not look back except to see the people Im drag racing.

+1
    Skittles for the win.

+1
    We've been doing a lot of testing combos on two ski's one with a 2 rude and shortly one with a 3 rude that currently running an S3 charger. SD pump wins all round so far. S3 charged ski likes 750 plate angle & Yamaha 5deg nozzle, the 2rude ski looks like it likes the SD 0 deg nozzle with a 2deg pump wedge (still fine tuning plate angles & trying yam steering nozzle on SD exit nozzle so we can run trim [sd trim ring hangs lower than plate]) the 3rude we are still working on setup...

These skis are set up for all round social riding, best compromise between flat water & chop. As you can see different speeds require different set ups. Find what works best for your ski but SD pump wins hands down.

Waiting to test flat water top speed difference between SD & HO pump with 3rude... Should be interesting, will take some time though as we have loads of props & ring sizes to try to find the best setup.

Good information!

I am going with the skat for now (since I already have it).

I will start collecting the parts for the SD pump and adapter once I have the cash again.

Whe you ran the skat pump, did you use a swirl prop or a dynafly prop?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by o uncola o View Post
    Good information!

I am going with the skat for now (since I already have it).

I will start collecting the parts for the SD pump and adapter once I have the cash again.

Whe you ran the skat pump, did you use a swirl prop or a dynafly prop?
    I ran a 17/20 skat swirl with an 82 nozzle. You can find lots of different props on pwctoday for that pump. Every skat prop ive ever bought was way different from the other. No 2 pitches ever had the same results.

Thread Information