+1

Angling Ride Plate

I see that angling the ride plate helps top end speed. If I'm thinking about this correctly I want to drop the rear of the plate to bring the nose up? Can I just add washers on the rear bolts? How much shim am I looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by xray328 View Post
    I see that angling the ride plate helps top end speed. If I'm thinking about this correctly I want to drop the rear of the plate to bring the nose up? Can I just add washers on the rear bolts? How much shim am I looking for?
    Yes, angled/angling plates increase speed. There is an effective range to work with.
    NO
    up^ (at the rear 2 bolts) Bow up
    down - (at the rear 2 bolts) bow down.

stock plate, leave alone, best for rough water.

new unmodded R&D, Riva, plates have a built in increased angle over stock OEM

IF you have a modded plate as in Jim`s performance or Carl`s Mod 4, then you shim the entire plate on all 4 bolts to find the sweet spot that works best for YOUR ski...

you need to search and read the many many threads on plates... it`s out there... also look in the how to`s...
    there are some great threads on Plates from the original contributing members here over on Riva Forums, makes great reading!

+1
    Ok, so it sounds like theres really no point in shimming the factory plate. When I was asking about increasing top speed I was asked if I had the plate angled. I had a general idea what that meant from reading threads here, but didn't know all the info you just gave me, so thanks for that..much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by xray328 View Post
    Ok, so it sounds like theres really no point in shimming the factory plate. When I was asking about increasing top speed I was asked if I had the plate angled. I had a general idea what that meant from reading threads here, but didn't know all the info you just gave me, so thanks for that..much appreciated.
    correct, leave the stock plate alone, not worth any gains without machining and then there still not enough to warrant that...
    read some of the build threads here to view what others have done...

Thread Information