2012 RXP X 260 Cover?

Hey guys, this is my first post. I just purchased a RXP X 260, and a cover. The cover they sold me is a Seadoo BRP cover, but it doesn't seem to fit even though it says all models. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or do I need a different cover that's bigger for this thing? Yes, I read the instructions.

I have the 2012 rxpx cover from brp too. Make sure that you start with the handle bars, there are yellow spots on the cover where the handle bars go and then cover the front of the boat and work your way to the back. At first when the covers are new they are super tight/difficult to get on. If you have a friend help that makes it easier, but it will loosen up in time making it easier and not a battle every time.

Quote Originally Posted by snowboarder660 View Post
    I have the 2012 rxpx cover from brp too. Make sure that you start with the handle bars, there are yellow spots on the cover where the handle bars go and then cover the front of the boat and work your way to the back. At first when the covers are new they are super tight/difficult to get on. If you have a friend help that makes it easier, but it will loosen up in time making it easier and not a battle every time.

I don't see the yellow dots you're talking about, and I did started with the handle bars then moved to the front. The cover is grey on top, black on the sides. It has the BRP Symbol where the nose should be, and says seadoo down the sides. The box it came in is yellow, black and grey. There's no way this thing can fit... but maybe i'm wrong.

Just noticed the box says RXP 07 - 11

Hmm, I'm thinking it's the wrong cover then. I would take it back and be sure to get a 2012 rxpx specific one.

<sigh> the dealer is an hour and a half away. I would assume this is something they could ship to me, seeing as though it's their mistake.

Edit: Thank you for your help. I just checked out the SeaDoo website, and it looks nothing like I have.

Thread Information