Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

STXR GroupK stage 2 with carbs GPS?

I was thinking about an STXR opposed to this new 250x with a GroupK stage 2 kit with a set of Novi's or Blackjack's on it. Does anyone have any experience with a setup like this, ever ridden one or know any GPS numbers. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by STXR814 View Post
    I was thinking about an STXR opposed to this new 250x with a GroupK stage 2 kit with a set of Novi's or Blackjack's on it. Does anyone have any experience with a setup like this, ever ridden one or know any GPS numbers. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Do it!!!

STXR stage 2

Have you ever seen or ridden an STXR with a stage 2 kit on it?

+1
    Hey, If your looking for an stx-r. I've got a really clean 05 that I'm interested in getting rid of. It has approx 20 hrs on it. Let me know if your interested. It's in Michigan. Thanks, Travis

STXR?

I've got one thanks anyways, you might want to post in the classifieds. I'm asking about a GroupK stage 2 kit with or without AM carbs. Thanks

+1
    If you are going to drop that kinda money in a STXR go get a 15F instead!
    Go to ultra150.com and ask your question there and also on pwctoday.com

STXR?

$800 on a stage 2 and $1200 on carbs you consider alot? I've got the ski and IMO I don't think that's alot and I'm not sure someone can buy a 15F and put $2000 in it and it will run with this setup unless you know otherwise? This is what I'm trying to findout. From what I've heard this setup is quicker than a 250x but I won't reveal my source this is why I'm asking what kindof GPS speed it will run. BTW, thanks for the rideplate, it works very nice!

Go to the GK web sight and read the info. I my self have not had luck with the GK BB kit.

Your better off getting the Stinger pipe kit with carbs and heads milled. The boat will hammer hard and top about 66 to 67 mph. Steve at Skiworx has a great kit thats been proven over and over again. Just be careful posting on the forum there. My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Go to the GK web sight and read the info. I my self have not had luck with the GK BB kit.

Your better off getting the Stinger pipe kit with carbs and heads milled. The boat will hammer hard and top about 66 to 67 mph. Steve at Skiworx has a great kit thats been proven over and over again. Just be careful posting on the forum there. My 2 cents.

skips, the bb kit is different then the stage 2. I've done the research and spoken w/ Harry but I'm trying to find someone who's actually used it. The stage 2 kit they do they use flat top pistons, milled heads with proper squish angle, thicker base gasket to raise cylinders and alter timing that way. He does block the crossovers and that's pretty much it. If you look at the difference in the two kits, the BB has more low end and torque and the stage 2 has more top end and overall performance.

stage2

I had a stage 2 kit in an Ultra and I've had level 1 kits also in Ultra's and the main difference is the level 1 hits harder on the bottom and the stage 2 has stronger midrange and alittle more topend, about 1 maybe 1.5 mph.

The stage 2's have a tendency to be real rich on the bottom, compared to the 1's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information