Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

04 rxp mod results

first things first, THANKS TO MSXRP,AND DANNY, for dealing with all my questions!!and stockrxp for charger, thirdgen327 for the great deal on all the other stuff. panda9 for buying my old charger and impeller. I gps my ski before i started and it was running 65, i did the free mods trim reverse bucket, filled holes, installed x charger 42 lbs injectors,kannaflex,rrfpr,afr gauge,xs intercooler,race tech thru hull,dannys modified water box, (sounds killer),15/20r impeller,opas pro block off,2 deg wedge, riva grate, well the results are ?????????75.4 mph 80 deg's out, water 66 deg, 7/8 tank of gas, im a big boy 225 lbs. 3/4,to7/8 throttle banging the rev limiter, going to have danny mess with impeller and see how much more we can get out of it?? looking for 78 mph and will be happy. also im not using a vts extension with that wedge any body see a issue with that??? for all you new guys this is a great website with great guys, thanks to evrey one!! tom

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by warner0308 View Post
    first things first, THANKS TO MSXRP,AND DANNY, for dealing with all my questions!!and stockrxp for charger, thirdgen327 for the great deal on all the other stuff. panda9 for buying my old charger and impeller. I gps my ski before i started and it was running 65, i did the free mods trim reverse bucket, filled holes, installed x charger 42 lbs injectors,kannaflex,rrfpr,afr gauge,xs intercooler,race tech thru hull,dannys modified water box, (sounds killer),15/20r impeller,opas pro block off,2 deg wedge, riva grate, well the results are ?????????75.4 mph 80 deg's out, water 66 deg, 7/8 tank of gas, im a big boy 225 lbs. 3/4,to7/8 throttle banging the rev limiter, going to have danny mess with impeller and see how much more we can get out of it?? looking for 78 mph and will be happy. also im not using a vts extension with that wedge any body see a issue with that??? for all you new guys this is a great website with great guys, thanks to evrey one!! tom
    No issues with running no VTS rod..You will just have to adjust your trim to the conditions as running no VTS rod will pull the nozzle higher than normal which will raise the bow higher out of the water....many run without a VTS rod and actually like it....I plan on trying it this summer too with the 2.5 degree wedge and if i dont like it im going to put the rod back on....

Banned User
    +1
    NICE TOM!

Tweek to the prop so you just kiss the limiter, gas under 1/2 tank (they get faster when below that), you'll be 76's with a flirt with 77...Need to get some more airflow into that hull, get the hot air out...

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    congrats on the mph! @danny wheres a good place to add some ventilation to the hull?

Banned User
    +1
    Since you have an RXPX, you are limited on locations....Unless you relocate the IC, the best place is to put a fan in the rear vent hole to pull air out...Remove the OEM vent tubs up front under the glove box...

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Since you have an RXPX, you are limited on locations....Unless you relocate the IC, the best place is to put a fan in the rear vent hole to pull air out...Remove the OEM vent tubs up front under the glove box...
    removed the vent tubes up front and in rear a while back. ive relocated the ic, but im switching to a rear air soon so a fan wont work in the rear. i read about someone using frogskins so i think ill add those to the rear, but just not sure how to increase air upfront...

+1
    Awesome! Parts selection and advise paid great dividends. Glad to get out with you yesterday. Great results! See you soon......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gOt BoOsT View Post
    , but just not sure how to increase air upfront...

Like this......

Here are the flo-rites i use...got them from Dennis Kirk....
    https://www.denniskirk.com/slp/flow-...prd/181689.sku
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5516.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	270929   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5514.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	270930   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5512.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	270931  

Banned User
    +1
    If you are going with Rear Air, then you can put a 3-4" fan in the front tube like Snoman and PUSH the air out through several vent holes...Works the same. Its only if you are pulling air for the motor from WITHIN the hull do you need the rear fan setup...

Think about doing a thermo swap too, helps a LOT.....

+1
    good numbers, I have similar mods and running 78.6 on an untouched 15/20r. Your original speeds were quite low, so you gained 10 mph from the mods. NICE! what's your elevation and rpms before the mods?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information