Cool gp1300 cavatation issue

Hi guys im having an issue with hole shot and getting to much cavatation and starting to give me the shits , and to be honest i think my top end speed is all that as well , i have just installed the riva pump seal kit and still nothin so i need some help , the ski is a 03 gp1300 stock with no intake or rideplate yet , an the ski has been in fresh water before i got to it so some help would be of some great help

Banned User
    +1
    a grate will help you

+1
    An intake grate will make all the difference. It is a design flaw..the stock grate is terrible and I often winder why Yamaha didnt adress it after the first year, as this was their top dog ski for a long time

+1
    its an 03 probably still on the original wear ring. Thats the first place to start for cavitation, when you mention the top speed check the prop for bends or dings, that will slow you down.

+1
    First thing would be pull pump and check wear ring and impeller conditions. Definitely put in a ppk and then grate. Need wear ring- impeller and ppk operating properly first then if you still want better hookup get a double bar grate

Wink reply

Quote Originally Posted by porschemaniac View Post
    First thing would be pull pump and check wear ring and impeller conditions. Definitely put in a ppk and then grate. Need wear ring- impeller and ppk operating properly first then if you still want better hookup get a double bar grate
    thanks for the replys guys next stop ski shop for some parts ill keep you informed
    thanks again

+1
    Welcome to the forum

+1
    Hey man, I just had same issues you did on my 04. Did Riva grate and pump seal kit, new wear ring, new stock impeller, HOLY difference! Now....to find my bogging issue. LOL

Good luck!

+1
    Does anyone know why Yamaha never addressed this on the GPRs? I know for sure they didn't through at least 04...but demo riders had to have complained enough (along with buyers) that a simple revision of the grate could have been done...the stock setup could have been SO much better at not much cost to Yamaha. But I guess we live and learn, seeing as most of the new 4 strokers (at least the high performance ones) come standard with "aftermarket" style grates. Sure they all can be improved upon, but to have these fundamental flaws for so long on Yami's then top performing ski just seems weird and out of place for a company that holds the crown, IMO, for fit and finish and reliability

Thread Information